Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
DEAR NEIGHBOR,
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:07 pm
[quote="gold21"]K, so this is a post I would take 100 percent seriously: (it's made up, it's just a take-off on OP's original post):

I don't know what to do. I live in an apartment with very thin walls. I often hear my neighbor yelling at her kids. I was raised in an abusive home, so I don't know where to draw the line between "normal yelling" and "abusive yelling". I am concerned that this mom is being abusive, it makes me sad and worried and brings back very bad memories. :cry:

So, how much yelling is normal? I myself am not a mom yet so I don't really have a gage as to what is normal and what is not. All I know is that I won't stand for child abuse, I will do whatever I need to put a stop to it because I've been through too much abuse to stick my head in the sand and ignore this. Kids should never be verbally abused, and it's not gonna happen on my watch.

I turn to you moms and ask- What is normal yelling and what is abusive yelling? Is yelling ever okay? Please advise.[

Gold,
Do you think it might be a good idea for all future posters to submit their posts to you for editing, so they meet with your approval? Just to clarify, I think that your approach of showing OP what you think is the proper way to word her post is the epitome of condescension.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:08 pm
Thank you! That's very humble of you!

gold21

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:20 pm
[quote="amother"]
gold21 wrote:
K, so this is a post I would take 100 percent seriously: (it's made up, it's just a take-off on OP's original post):

I don't know what to do. I live in an apartment with very thin walls. I often hear my neighbor yelling at her kids. I was raised in an abusive home, so I don't know where to draw the line between "normal yelling" and "abusive yelling". I am concerned that this mom is being abusive, it makes me sad and worried and brings back very bad memories. Crying

So, how much yelling is normal? I myself am not a mom yet so I don't really have a gage as to what is normal and what is not. All I know is that I won't stand for child abuse, I will do whatever I need to put a stop to it because I've been through too much abuse to stick my head in the sand and ignore this. Kids should never be verbally abused, and it's not gonna happen on my watch.

I turn to you moms and ask- What is normal yelling and what is abusive yelling? Is yelling ever okay? Please advise.[

Gold,
Do you think it might be a good idea for all future posters to submit their posts to you for editing, so they meet with your approval? Just to clarify, I think that your approach of showing OP what you think is the proper way to word her post is the epitome of condescension.

Yes please submit your posts for editing.
My email address is: CondescendingEditor@Gmail.com
Thanks

sunlight

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:33 pm
Sometimes we need to hear between the lines. If OP came out with a new post as such, that would mean it bothers her to such an extent that she would feel like starting a new thread about it. Why would this bother her more than it would bother others? Because of her past... Anytime you see someone have strong reaction, you can assume its because something in her past triggered it.
Just a heads up about human beings.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics