Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Best/ Worst / Funniest MM You Got
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Volunteer

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 6:52 pm
This is for research purposes for next year...

What is the best, worst, or funniest MM you received (this year or another year)?

I'll go first:
Best = A homemade "dinner kit" for a light supper or lunch (included fresh ingredients for a healthy wrap sandwich). It was parve, and there were 2 portions, so one for me and one for dh!
Worst = Expired food.

Volunteer

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 6:53 pm
Oh, yeah, btw- for the "worst" one, let's keep it general, so nobody gets embarrassed. ;-)

henny1

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 6:57 pm
Chicken soup and chick peas

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 6:58 pm
Funniest was a whole smoked fish on ice in a bag!

Liba

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 7:05 pm
Worst, unlabeled home made foods. We got dairy cakes we didn't realize were dairy, food with ingredients some of our family members were allergic to, etc. We have learned to tread with caution.

Best: anything that could go onto the table for the Purim sudah. We got chicken, salads, dips, pickles and kugels. They were all appreciated.

agreer

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 7:11 pm
worst = non-cholov yisroel milk in a box (what am I going to do with that?!?!)
best = challah rolls, chocolate bars, a keepsake vase that I used to put flowers in for the seuda (vase was gorgeous and not expensive!)

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 7:17 pm
A "Purim package" from my non jewish cleaning help Tongue Out

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 7:24 pm
I'm not going to play best and worst here, but I'd like to mention one thing: every year people spend a lot of money on fancy looking candy made in china. my family takes those things and moves them right to the trash. this goes along with the non-kosher small liquor bottles. please check what you are giving and make sure they are things you would be ok with your own family ingesting.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 7:29 pm
"Have a SPUDtacular Purim." Bag with potato kugel, streimel cookies (spudik), and a potato vodka. From a good friend.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 7:33 pm
Worst was a mm left at our front door, homemade food, with a label that was completely unintelligible. Not knowing who made it, I had no choice but to toss it.

Best was pastries from a friend who makes them professionally. Mmmmm!

zaq

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:09 pm
Worst item we got was a box of taffy. Not soft toffees, which are bad enough, but hard, sticky, pull-out-every-filling-if-it-doesn't-pull-out-all-your-teeth stuff. This kind of thing ought to be against the law to make, sell, or give away. Needless to say I got rid of it immediately. No transgression of bal tashchit IMHO. It's not food.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:14 pm
Junk, junk, and more junk == worst.

Unfortunately, the only "real" food we got this year were a few rolls with chumus, and 1 yogurt. The homemade baked goods I put in the freezer for Shabbos, and we'll enjoy them, but I missed getting vegetables/salads/soups/kugels, etc something I could eat that was filling on Purim itself Sad

MMCH

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:31 pm
my 3 year old's classmate gave the cutest thing.
in a bakery box she got 6 mini (tiny)plain cupcakes. with chocolate, vanilla frosting in those tiny TO-GO sauce cups, with a container of sprinkles, chocolate chips, and some other topping.

all my kids were busy with it!! I thought it was adorable.

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:46 pm
Best: Pizza and beer.

zaq

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:53 pm
The trouble is that a lot of real ready-to-eat food is perishable. What with people leaving MM packages on people's doorsteps, possibly for many hours, that can be a real health hazard. That's one reason why people end up givng non-perishable junk food. I mean, I have no objection to getting a can of tuna and an apple, but most people want to give something a little more festive and/or ceative.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:58 pm
We got something that expired about six months ago! Good thing the date was right on top so I noticed it before regifting. Guess I know what we'll use for bedikas chometz.

SplitPea

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 9:11 pm
zaq wrote:
The trouble is that a lot of real ready-to-eat food is perishable. What with people leaving MM packages on people's doorsteps, possibly for many hours, that can be a real health hazard. That's one reason why people end up givng non-perishable junk food. I mean, I have no objection to getting a can of tuna and an apple, but most people want to give something a little more festive and/or ceative.

I would typically agree but this year was so cold we used it to our advantage. We kept out perishable (kugals and chumas and veggies) MM outside the side door in a box! It was great until we realized the kugals were starting to freeze!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 9:19 pm
best- a kit to make smores
marshmallow graham chocolate .
worst -candy apple and not name on mm Twisted Evil

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 9:22 pm
One neighbor gives a generous fresh piece of deli roll. Its still warm when its delivered. My kids wait for it every year.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 9:24 pm
Worst: My 5 yr old got a MM from a friend with a can of coke. All the candy and junk is bad enough, but to give out soda to kindergarten kids? Really?
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics