Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp "Aquasaynu", Lakewood?

Emotional

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:14 pm
My 11-year-old is too sensitive & hi-strung for the typical loud, cheering, nonstop action of the "tween" day camps here in Lakewood. Someone mentioned to me a Camp Aquasaynu - a swimming camp with other activities - which sounds perfect for her because she loves swimming and other sensory-soothing activities. I am unable to find out any information, or phone numbers - maybe someone knows?
And if not, can anyone recommend an appropriate day camp for a sensitive, deep thinking girl (going into 6th grade) who loves reading, nature, art, swimming, and she hates chaos, commotion, and loud cheering...?

Emotional

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 9:51 pm
Bump - please, anyone?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 9:56 pm
In the periodicals someone has been advertising a dance camp. I think it is much calmer. The schedule is something like davening, ballet, shiur, lunch, tap dance.
I don't know anyone who went to the camp but the lady who runs it is a fantastic person.

Emotional

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
In the periodicals someone has been advertising a dance camp. I think it is much calmer. The schedule is something like davening, ballet, shiur, lunch, tap dance.
I don't know anyone who went to the camp but the lady who runs it is a fantastic person.

Is it for girls my daughter's age?
Would you know what it's called so I know what to look out for?
She does not.enjoy dance but.maybe in this setting she would. I'm desperate to find an appropriate day camp for her. She had a miserable summer last year & I can't force her into the "rah rah" mold.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 10:17 pm
Emotional wrote:
Is it for girls my daughter's age?
Would you know what it's called so I know what to look out for?
She does not.enjoy dance but.maybe in this setting she would. I'm desperate to find an appropriate day camp for her. She had a miserable summer last year & I can't force her into the "rah rah" mold.

If I remember correctly it was for a large range of ages. A don't remember what it was called.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 10:18 pm
I think there is also an acting\singing camp. All the camps are advertising very heavily now so you should be able to find their advertisements.

Emotional

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 10:28 pm
amother wrote:
I think there is also an acting\singing camp. All the camps are advertising very heavily now so you should be able to find their advertisements .

Thanks, she hates acting/singing/anything that puts her in the spotlight.
She's a shy behind-the-scenes daydreamy type of girl...

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 10:55 pm
Camp Aquasaynu phone number: 732-370-3977.I kept their ad from a month ago. It says it's for girls entering 6th & 7th grade, July 30-August 20. I think the dance camp is called Camp Rakeeda, but I don't know anything else about it.

Emotional

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 10:22 am
1525 wrote:
Camp Aquasaynu phone number: 732-370-3977.I kept their ad from a month ago. It says it's for girls entering 6th & 7th grade, July 30-August 20. I think the dance camp is called Camp Rakeeda, but I don't know anything else about it.

Thanks so much.
I called the number, it says mailbox is full. Does the ad give any other contact info? Or an address?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children