Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood movers Virgil vs MBD vs. Midstate

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 6:55 pm
I need a moving company that will be careful with my stuff. Can someone please give me an honest recommendation? I'm the type that will get nervous if I see my stuff being thrown around so please please help me!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Mar 01 2015, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 7:05 pm
we used MBD a couple of years ago and were very happy with them. we found them to be quick, professional, and careful with our things. they brought wood filler/ wood marker to cover scratches that were really there from before that we didn't notice in our cramped apt! (the furniture was covered in blankets in front of my eyes and the blankets removed as I watched so it would have been impossible to scratch on the truck). they had, I think its called spackle - that stuff to fix sheetrock in case of scratching the walls on hand so there would not have been any need to call them back and have the aggravation of waiting for them to come again. so they were careful but also prepared, which I liked.

elkayed

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 7:31 pm
we've also used MBD and was very happy.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 17 2014, 8:13 pm
We have used MBD for our move from ny to lkwd and in lkwd 2 times. Very courteous careful with your furniture protection etc... and if im not mistaken they are insure

Pineapple

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 5:38 am
I used mbd in Brooklyn - very happy

(I assume its the same one)

lkwdmommy

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 11:53 am
I used Virgil years ago (over 15) and was very happy. Efficient, courteous, reliable.

zohar

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 1:31 pm
I used Lakewood Movers and I was very impressed with them. They are insured and have very reasonable rates. They are very careful with furniture AND walls. They were quick and know their stuff.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 8:41 pm
Any updated info about lakewood area movers- well priced, but also careful?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 9:34 pm
I've used midstate a few times. U get what u pay for!! I definitely had things broken and scratched up. If u want a quality job go with Virgil( guy) or mbd. We actually used mbd once too and he was a pleasure to deal with and they were very careful with our stuff

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 10:01 am
I used Virgil 6 months ago and was very happy. They were very careful, wrapped things well, and made sure not to scratch my floors and walls in the new house. They were also very quick. I would definitely recommend them.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
I've used midstate a few times. U get what u pay for!! I definitely had things broken and scratched up. If u want a quality job go with Virgil( guy) or mbd. We actually used mbd once too and he was a pleasure to deal with and they were very careful with our stuff

It's been quite a few years, but I too had damaged furniture and used midstate. Plus he way under-estimated so I'd use him, and ended up charging me a ton more than his estimate. He sent a very slow crew, and they chipped the corner of my piano, my table was never the same again, etc....

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 10:54 am
Mbd is a pleasure! He's reasonable. I happen to know him from way back. He's honest and a mensch. No he's not related to me and I get nothing from recomending him. I just hope he won't be too busy as he's good

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 11:10 am
Any other info on Lakewood movers?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 6:53 pm
Midstate has old cloths and ruined a lot of furniture of mine and a few pple who moved last summer. If they got new cloths- maybe u can trust them but I was not happy.
I use virgil a few yrs ago and they were really top of the line.

gdgirl

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:12 pm
another vote for virgil! top quality job. Used about 5 years ago. moved with others since, and couldn't help comparing. We couldn't use virgil as we are now out of the area but kept remembering what a pleasant experience moving with virgil was.

bargainlover

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:16 pm
I used midstate, as well as all my siblings that moved. We were all very very happy with them. Honest, reliable, insured, very quick. Had all supplies in hand, like wood for under my seforim shrank cuz my floor is slightly slanted (old house). They were careful with all my furniture and did not damage anything bh. They even touched up some old scratched on my son's dresser!

mommyla

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:21 pm
I used Lakewood Movers and was very happy with them. Haven't moved again so no other experience...

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 9:23 am
bargainlover wrote:
I used midstate, as well as all my siblings that moved. We were all very very happy with them. Honest, reliable, insured, very quick. Had all supplies in hand, like wood for under my seforim shrank cuz my floor is slightly slanted (old house). They were careful with all my furniture and did not damage anything bh. They even touched up some old scratched on my son's dresser!

If you had a good experience with midstate you were just lucky!!! cuz I used them on three separate occasions & every time it got worse than the time before ! they ruined so many things I would never recommend them to anyone! And nothing to do with insurance he still owes me money for my broken master bedroom drawers that they took apart and couldn't put back together and it's years later and I have no one that could fix it;(

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 15 2017, 9:45 am
here's another option:

http://www.schulgassermoving.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating