Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Awkrward teen years and purchasing clothing

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 12:06 pm
help! My daughter is 13 and going through that fun time of growth spurts and nothing seems to fit right. We have been to the mall and everything is either trashy or shcmattes. Any suggestions for online places that have an easy return policy, decent pricing(not paying $50 for a blouse that she will only wear for 3 months!) that has a sophisticated, refined, polished tznius look.
Thanks!!!

1workingmom

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 2:46 pm
Its hard to shop for a growing teen with a developed figure online. You need to try on the clothing especially if you want a tznuis look. There are so many malls out there. Try Macys, Banana Republic, Lord & Taylor, Ralph, Tommy...
Lotsa luck to you!

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 2:48 pm
Been to all of those-the probablem is she is only 13 so everything is out of proportion and what I am seeing in the malls even with a shell and skirt under jumpers she still looks frumpy and feels frumpy. Don't want her to have a negative body image- we've all been through this weird stage and we all turn into beautiful swans.

zigi

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 3:49 pm
how about 2 pieces? so you can get a better fit

1workingmom

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 3:51 pm
Maybe try the local Jewish clothing stores. They cater for us in a tznuis way.

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 4:11 pm
We don't have the luxury of any jewish clothing stores here. Sad

mommyhood

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 4:47 pm
Any chance you could find an inexpensive tailor?
I find a lot at Ann Taylor Loft when they have sales. I'm a hard fit and I many times end up buying an item on sale and getting it altered so the total price is still reasonable although not super cheap. You have to order a lot to get free shipping but I always end up ordering everything in multiple sizes and I return to the store so I don't have to pat return shipping.

granolamom

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 7:00 pm
I found my dd some knit dresses for shabbos last year from nordstrom in petite sizes. the knits are more forgiving, so it worked for her in-between body.
she also did well at american eagle and aeropostale, she actually found some shabbos tops there (they needed shells but that's easy).
the big problem was swimsuits.

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 7:14 pm
Thanks for all the suggestions!

happy2Bamommy

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 7:39 pm
Try Nordstrom. They have very wide price ranges. They have free shipping and returns. The returns are a breeze....

spring13

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 8:42 pm
Definitely try petite sizes- Ann Taylor Loft is a good suggestion, maybe New York and Company?

http://jane.com/ is a deal a day site that has trendy items for good prices: I'm not sure about returns, but you ought to be able to find some tops at the very least. Try http://koshercasual.com/ for skirts and layering items.

I remember that stage, it was so annoying. I'm sure your daughter appreciates the fact that you're making an effort on her behalf!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics