Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Iso couscous with vegetables israeli style

bobeli

Post Tue, Mar 18 2014, 9:33 pm
I;m looking for a recipe for the vegetables that come with the fine couscous in israel or israeli restaurants in the us.
they use carrot, few kinds of squash and has a yellow liquid.

Didi

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 7:15 am
It is couscous with a vegetable soup poured on top, I wish I had the recipe also it is so yummy....

mom4many

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 9:40 am
I have an exact recipe but its not in front of me, and anyway it's not the type of thing that needs to be exact:

Fry an onion, then add minced garlic & a can of chickpeas. Then add paprika & tomato paste - as much or a little as you want, because it makes it red instead of yellow.
Then add water, cumin, tumeric, pareve chicken soup mix, salt & pepper to taste & your favorite veggies, such as:
Carrot, zucchini, onion, squash, potato, cabbage.
The water is supposed to cover the veggies, and you let it cook for 1.5 hours or more to let the gravy thicken.
Enjoy!

November

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 10:14 am
Mom4many, after you cook the veges for an hour and a half, do you pour this over regular couscous? Sounds so yummy!

mom4many

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 1:49 pm
November wrote:
Mom4many, after you cook the veges for an hour and a half, do you pour this over regular couscous? Sounds so yummy!

Basically yes. I usually serve it during the week and we each take couscous from one pot and the veggies from the other on top. If I was serving it in a main serving dish on the table, the proportions would just be bigger.

I prefer to use ww couscous, and I add a little tumeric for color. The kids all ages love it! (They can choose the veggies they like.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics