Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Never wakes up happy

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 11:17 am
My one year old NEVER wakes up in a good mood. He always always wakes up, sits/stands up in his crib and cries. Sometimes he'll snap into a good mood pretty soon after I take him out, but not always.

Any advice?

Blue jay

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 11:21 am
this calls for some serious tickling and kisses!
My 5 year old never wakes up in a good mood, I give him lots of "snuzzles" and sing good morning songs as I usher him to the bathroom. Eventually by breakfast he is in a good mood!

Blue jay

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 11:26 am
also, all of my babies never woke up happy, They were like "OK, ma, I have been in this crib sleeping for 10 hours, my diaper is sagging and I want out!"

Typical behavior in my opinion Smile

bubbebia

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 11:31 am
I never wake up in a good mood either. I would love to be able to sit there and cry and cry. Some of us in this world are not happy waker-uppers. We just need more time to get the fuzz out of our brains. Just hold him and let him gradually adjust to being awake. It takes all kinds to make up the world.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 12:36 pm
Op her. Ya know, that's funny. Cuz I also hate waking up !! but he wakes up when he's finished sleeping, not when someone wakes him. If I cld sleep until I'm finished sleeping (aaaah...) I wouldn't wake up in a bad mood... But I guess its true about just being fuzzy from sleeping . I just wish he'd wake up in a good mood and play a little in his crib before I have to take him out.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 12:48 pm
Do you let him cry it out? I would wake in a bad mood if I cried in the dark last night or I had memories if crying at night.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 1:01 pm
Nope, I've never let him cry himself to sleep. We stay with him till he's sleeping and keep him calm the whole time. Rocking, patting, hold his hand, whatever....

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 4:16 pm
Sometimes, babies/toddlers wake up in a bad mood because they are not getting enough sleep, so they still feel tired/unrefreshed when they wake in the morning (the wake up time is biological and not connected to whether or not you need more sleep). Maybe try putting your baby to bed a little earlier (like 20-30 minutes) for a couple of days and see if it helps?

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 4:56 pm
babies don't know how to communicate that they are sick of sleeping, hungry, tired or just want to be held ... hence they wake up crying

I have one adorable kid that didn't cry much ... she was so relieved to not have to nap/sleep anymore that she had the biggest grin from ear to ear ... and once she could talk she woke up saying 'I hungee mommy'
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics