Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
All day I just wait for the kids to go to sleep!! :(

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 6:48 pm
I have 4 kids aged from 2 to 9. I have a very low stress tolerance and I find raising children super difficult for me. dh works long hours and I am usually on my own with all the duties. I find myself all day just waiting for the clock to pass and for it to be bedtime. its like that is the goal of the day. I feel so guilty about it. I love my children to death, I really do but I don't know why I have such major anxiety whenever I am with them. they are not easy kids and they fight a ton. we have other stresses that don't help such as money issues, shalom bayis issues etc. but am I the only one who just waits for the clock to hit 7:30 and do you have anything to say that will help me with this. I know they grow up fast so I really am sad about this.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 6:54 pm
I kind of feel the same at times. Dinner, homework and bedtime are my worst. BH the weather is nice. My kids ate nicely today so that they can run out to play.
My DH comes home in time to say gnight to them.

rachel6543

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 6:55 pm
You are normal. I totally get how you feel. And I only have 1 kid so far. I love my son, but definitely look forward to bedtime when the house quiets down. My son is super energetic ALL day long and it's exhausting. Also I work full time and come home to a tired cranky kid; it's not easy to deal with. Overall my kid is on a good bedtime schedule, so once my son is in bed, he's sleeping in a few min, so I at least get some quiet time in the evenings.

Ashrei

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 7:37 pm
I can also relate. When the older ones are at school, and the youngest is napping, that's also a nice time for me though. That little break makes a big deal.

I'm trying moree to just spend time with them doing whatever they want, and being in the moment. Maybe that would help you.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 20 2014, 8:30 pm
Op did u just read my mind???? I'm like this every single day. I have 3 kids with the oldest being 4 and all I look forward to the entire day is putting them to sleep and having some quiet time. The only one sleeping is my middle dc and I feel like my head will bust!

mandksima

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 5:11 am
You are so normal, OP. Most people I know are like this. There are a few supermoms who are sad to see their kids off to bed but I think they might be aliens. I also have 4 kids - 2 super difficult preteens and 2 younger ones that need a lot of help. I also wait for bedtime. Unfortunately, I often collapse with them at bedtime and there goes my few hours of quiet. I am alone during the day most of the time but I am doing so much work and errrands, it is not "me time" at all. Make sure you get a little quiet time for yourself. I love my kids so much but I am a person that prefers alone time over social settings and it is extra important to get that if you need it or if you prefer social settings, make sure you get out sometimes with dh or with friends.

lucymaud

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 5:16 am
Don't feel bad, I also look forward to my quiet time at night. After a really stressful year last year, I learnt that I have to have some me time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics