Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
ISO delicious easy Rib Eye Steak recipe for DH'a Bday

medola

Post Fri, Mar 21 2014, 11:36 am
I don't eat red meat much myself, so I rarely cook it. Dh has taken a serious liking to red meat lately (like most men) so for his birthday shabbos dinner tonight I would like to make him a delicious rib eye steak. I don't have much experience cooking red meat at all so I really need to find a recipe that is foolproof, for a total red meat cooking beginner! Thanks!

SRD

Post Fri, Mar 21 2014, 12:23 pm
1) Bring Steak to room temperature, put salt and pepper on each side.
2) Heat a cast iron skillet until it's very hot (sizzling - you can do this in the oven instead of the stove),
3) throw the steak in the skillet, cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side. (I use the 'finger test' to tell how done it is - http://www.simplyrecipes.com/r.....meat/)
4) Take the steak out of the pan and rest it on a knife that's standing on its side (so the moisture doesn't gather under the steak - you want some air).
5) Serve with veggies & potatoes - if you want you can make a chimmichuri sauce or something similar.

A good cut of steak doesn't need much, it just needs to be cooked properly, it shouldn't require a lot of spices and herbs.

You can use a regular frying pan if you don't have cast iron, cast iron just holds the heat really well.

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 21 2014, 1:23 pm
I dont want to be a downer but a steak is really best served right out of the pan not sitting on a blech. I would make it Sunday.

medola

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 8:57 pm
I ended up doing this recipes and it came out amazing! Just wants to share. (-:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec......html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics