Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Thank You to the Kind Women on this Site
1  2  3  Next

shosh

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 7:56 pm
I would like to thank all of the women on this site who rallied round and made it possible for my mother (and I) to visit my dying father every day during what sadly became the final week of his life. Hila, Mrs. Bissli, Raisin and many others did a tremendous mitzvah and I hope that Hashem will repay your kindness with many blessings.

My beloved father passed away on Shabbos at about 3 a.m. He died peacefully and without pain. About 12 hours before, we had all sat at his bedside, and though he was unconscious he stirred several times as we spoke, indicating that as his neshama stood at the gates, he was aware that the people who love him most were there.

Death is never pleasant for those who are left behind, but it has to be said that my father indeed had a beautiful death. Rather than suffering some agonising disease, his systems gradually shut down and he gradually faded away. His final coherent words (apart from certain things he said afterwards about the tubes troubling his throat) to me were "Zaydie loves the children." To me, that is the epitome of where we would all like to be at the end of life. My father was 88 when he passed away. And my mother told me that the final 23 years of his life, when he had retired and lived quietly and simply at home were the best years of his life.

I don't know when Dad's funeral will be yet - either tomorrow or Monday. I remain in London for the shiva - sitting with my mother at my sister's home. I really have to say that this is my longest journey and I feel as if I have been here for years, though it has only been a week so far.

And as the sun sets on the beautiful, full life of a gentle and much loved person, who for me was the epitome of honesty and integrity within an increasingly dishonest world, all I can say is, may his memory be a blessing for us all.

Liba

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 8:01 pm
Baruch dayan haemes.

I am so sorry for your loss.

imasinger

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:10 pm
B"DE. Zichrono livracha. I'm glad you were able to be there, and I am sorry for the loss of such a wonderful father.

greenfire

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:14 pm
He sounds like a wonderful man, father, & zaydie. His memories will forever live in your hearts. I'm so sorry he passed away. But I am grateful for you that you got to spend time with him to say good-bye. May his soul have an aliyah. I pray you continue to be the strong support for your mother & family as you have always been.

Hug

ROFL

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:19 pm
Baruch Dayan Ha'Emet. May you only have smachot from now on

naomi2

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:20 pm
BDE may Hashem give you all strength during this sad time.

bubbebia

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:23 pm
BDE. So glad you could be there with him at the end. May you only have b'soros tovos from now on.

black and white

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:39 pm
BDE.
Hug
May he be a melitz yosher for you and your family, and may you give him much nachas up in gan eden.

sneakermom

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 9:46 pm
BDE. :hug Hug

ra_mom

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 10:02 pm
Baruch Dayon HaEmes.
Hamakon Yinachem Eschem Bisoch Shaar Aveilei Tzion Vyerushalayim.

boysrus

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 10:02 pm
Baruch dayan ha'emes
I am so sorry Shosh.
I was thinking of you and davening over Shabbos, I am sorry it is all over, but thankful that Hashem took his neshama peacefully. Be strong. May Hashem comfort you and your mother together with all of the aveili tzion.
many hugs

shabri

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 10:04 pm
Bde. So sorry for you loss

Cookie Monster

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 10:06 pm
BD"E. "המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים

Rubber Ducky

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 10:08 pm
BDE.

May H' give you, your mother, and your sister strength during this time. I'm glad you were able to be there.

GetReal

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 10:51 pm
Baruch dayan emes.

flowerpower

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 11:15 pm
Bd"e!!!!

groisamomma

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 11:49 pm
המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים

Hug Hug

Sherri

Post Sat, Mar 22 2014, 11:50 pm
groisamomma wrote:
המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים

Hug Hug

mfb

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 12:19 am
Bd"e

grace413

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:18 am
BDE. May your father be a melitz yosher for you, your family and klal yisroel.

I'm sure your presence was a great comfort to him in his final days, and that your mother is strengthened by having you at her side.

Hug Hug
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics