Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Thank You to the Kind Women on this Site
Previous  1  2  3

shosh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 4:39 pm
Thank you all very much for all of your kind words.

My father was laid to rest today. At his funeral, many people from the local community were in attendance, as well as some old friends from many years ago and my closest friend, who was a tower of strength, driving Mum and me back and forth to the cemetery and to my sister's home for the shiva.

Sitting shiva in a country that is no longer my home for the past 23 years does feel very strange. I don't know most of the people who pass through, but it is comforting to see how many people knew and loved my father even if they are all complete strangers to me. I miss my children terribly,but my place right now is here. I can see that Mum and also my sister need me, and it would have been downright depressing to sit shiva in Israel on my own, consoled by people who never knew who Dad was.

I'm taking this day by day, but I think I'll feel much better when I get back to Israel to my children, whom I know are missing me. ...

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:33 am
Baruch Dayan Emes

I am so very sorry for your loss, may his memory be a comfort to you and your family.

Your post was beautiful, and so well written, it brought tears to my eyes. You may feel strange and alone in London, but know that all of our love is with you. Hug

merelyme

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 2:37 am
המקום ינחם אתכם בתוך שאר אבלי ציון וירושלים
You should know no more tzaar. Hug

Marion

Post Mon, Mar 24 2014, 9:08 am
Baruch Dayan Emet.

Shosh, who is watching your kids now? Do you need anything here?

Apple pie

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 2:27 pm
Shosh, I had not logged in for a while, and only today do I read the sad news...
Baruch Dayan Haemet, may Hashem comfort you and your family...
What you wrote about your father and the way he left this world was very moving...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics