Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Dd decorated her doll with pen. how can I get it off?
1  2  Next

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 12:25 pm
she colored only the hard plastic part, not the fabric part. I tried clorox wipes, soap with warm water and nail polish remover. any other ideas to get it off?

Success10

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 12:27 pm
I would like to know too. I tried alcohol on my girls' dolls, to no avail.

smoms

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 12:35 pm
Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 12:48 pm
mr clean magic eraser is a good idea. dont know why I didnt think of that myself. I use it on almost everything. but guess what?? it didnt even work! any other ideas?

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 12:55 pm
What kind of pen? Ball-point? A permanent Sharpie?

newmommy22

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 12:56 pm
Try baking soda

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:07 pm
Leave it there?

DrMom

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:08 pm
I find that a soft white or gum pencil eraser sometimes gets ink out of rubber/plastic surfaces.

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:12 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Leave it there?

I guess I could do that, but its not just a little eyeliner, its ALL over. looks a little nauseous.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:24 pm
If she is asking for it to come off, that's different. Otherwise I would leave it. She put it there for a reason.

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:33 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
If she is asking for it to come off, that's different. Otherwise I would leave it. She put it there for a reason.

good point. you think she did it for the same reason she painted my bed spreads with dark maroon nail polish?

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:44 pm
Yes.

She has artistic inclinations. Maybe get her materials and BIG pieces of paper (there are pads 18x24 inches) and re-direct her there. But I wouldn't get mad at her. It's what kids do, and it is very useful for them to get their ideas out where they can see them. That's precious.

If a picture is escaping the confines of 18x24 inches, tape a second sheet to the first one to enlarge the area of drawing.

happy chick

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 1:54 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Yes.

She has artistic inclinations. Maybe get her materials and BIG pieces of paper (there are pads 18x24 inches) and re-direct her there. But I wouldn't get mad at her. It's what kids do, and it is very useful for them to get their ideas out where they can see them. That's precious.

If a picture is escaping the confines of 18x24 inches, tape a second sheet to the first one to enlarge the area of drawing.

I have that. but her attention span is a bit short and after about 30 seconds, all the crayons are flying and her brothers face looks like it did at the end of purim.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 2:12 pm
Mention all that to the pediatrician. They have seen it all and will advise if it's age-appropriate and all.

http://www.dharmatrading.com/c......html

No, she can't draw on people. Not safe. His eyes!

Keep them away from her when she's drawing, she hasn't got control yet.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 2:20 pm
would love to know the answer to this question too. I have a cabbage patch kid with ink on the face, and I have tried everything to get it off!

penguin

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 2:25 pm
hair spray is supposed to be good for ink, but it might just be the same as alcohol.

you could try the Sharpie® Oil-Based Paint Pen - mixing orange & white...

smiledr

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 2:25 pm
Try fantastic spray and also mr clean magic eraser

Blue jay

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 2:28 pm
I just googled it.

Its says use acne cream with 10% benzoyl peroxide . Dab it on the ink stain and let the treated surface rest under the light of light bulb for 2 hours. ( dont place doll on top of the bulb for safety). Then check and wipe off the cream. Repeat if necessary.

I think I will try this!

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 2:32 pm
One can also paint over marks you don't like. Maybe with nailpolish, or acrylic paint. Overpainting is much easier than getting color out. It can even be done on some bedspreads.

But the kid might like her cabbage patch critter that way.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Mar 23 2014, 2:36 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
One can also paint over marks you don't like. Maybe with nailpolish, or acrylic paint. Overpainting is much easier than getting color out. It can even be done on some bedspreads.

But the kid might like her cabbage patch critter that way.

Dolly, Im talking about my cabbage patch kid. 30 years later embarrassed
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry