Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone in the Memphis area?

BabsB

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 11:01 am
Is anyone in the Memphis area?

I am considering going on a school trip in the middle of April and it would put me in Memphis over Shabbos.
I haven't decided yet if I am going, and if I do go I don't know if I'll be doing it solo or if my DH and DS will be with me. I'm just trying to put some feelers out and see what my options are as far as finding a hotel, food, etc for the stay.

Anyone live there or familiar with the area that could give me some information?

Thanks!

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 11:05 am
Im not familiar with hotels but kosher good isn't a problem in Memphis. The people there are very hospitable so chances are you will get invited for meals.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 11:30 am
Jewishmemphis.com
holycownow.com

belz museum

Didi

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 1:36 pm
I have a friend that lives in Memphis, PM me and I can get you in touch with her. Otherwise my cousin was the former rav at baron hirsch. I am sure he still has contacts.

bubbebia

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 1:43 pm
DD#1 lives in Memphis. It's a great, warm commmunity. PM me if you need and I'll put you in touch with DD who will be able to help.

BabsB

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 2:01 pm
Thank you everyone for the responses, and I'm sorry it took me so long to acknowledge them!

I've been doing the hem-hawing and talking to DH about it, and we've decided I won't be going. It's too close to Pesach so too much time off from school and work and we think this semester just isn't a good one for it.

But thank you so much for the amazing offers of putting me in touch with people and the websites were very helpful as well.

One of these days I'll have to make a point of actually making it to Memphis so I can experience this hospitality. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics