Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
City Mini Double vs. Britax B-Agile Double

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 3:31 pm
I am looking for a double stroller.
Most important features are: good wheels, easy fold and not too wide.

I currently have the uppababy vista, but you need to remove the 2nd seat before folding, which is not option for me (storage, steps...)
Because of the folding issue, it has to be a side by side stroller. I know everyone gets the city-mini (I did not realize how expensive it was!) but it doesn't appeal to me....

I did a little research, and came across the britax b-agile. It seems like a good option - why doesn't anyone have it? Also, it is a bit wider than the city mini, can anyone who has it tell me if that extra inch and a half makes it that much harder to fit through doorways? Also, is britax the only car seat adaptor they have or do they have for graco as well?

TIA!

[anon because I've been asking lots of ppl about this]

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 3:52 pm
I have the britax b-agile double. I chose it over citi-mini because of hte adjustable handlebars. nice perk, it's much cheaper! I am very happy with it. fits through normal doorways without too much trouble. easy to use. light and easy to push.

I do see that it got torn and banged up pretty quickly with just one trip on an airplane. possibly higher quality citi-mini would have withstood that. but I emailed them and maybe they'll fix/replace?

I don't know why not many people haave it! maybe just because it's newer?

oh -- I think it does take only britax carseat!!! so this could be a problem for you. I just never used it for the car, but if you want it to be a car stroller, that could be a problem.

blossoming

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 3:55 pm
I have the city mini GT and it squeezes thru all doors, and I think if it were an inch wider it would have made life impossible.

photoshop_mommy

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 11:54 pm
I have the B-agile single, so I can't really help you compare doubles.
They have excellent customer service, though. and I think they make adapters for other company car seats.

gande

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 2:08 am
I have the city mini which im using daily for over three years. Its a great stroller. Its easy to push,even with one hand. Folds flat easly. I believe there are narrower strollers out but this fits through all the doorways just fine. Also, nothing broke or tore yet and I realy abuse it. Highly recommend!

rising hero

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 9:31 am
Anybody else? I'd also like to know.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 1:10 pm
OP here.
Thanks for the feedback! Still undecided though :/

What side by side stroller is narrower than the city mini?

smss

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.
Thanks for the feedback! Still undecided though :/

What side by side stroller is narrower than the city mini?

mountain buggy duet is REALLY narrow. almost as narrow as many singles.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
I am looking for a double stroller.
Most important features are: good wheels, easy fold and not too wide.

I currently have the uppababy vista, but you need to remove the 2nd seat before folding, which is not option for me (storage, steps...)
Because of the folding issue, it has to be a side by side stroller. I know everyone gets the city-mini (I did not realize how expensive it was!) but it doesn't appeal to me....

I did a little research, and came across the britax b-agile. It seems like a good option - why doesn't anyone have it? Also, it is a bit wider than the city mini, can anyone who has it tell me if that extra inch and a half makes it that much harder to fit through doorways? Also, is britax the only car seat adaptor they have or do they have for graco as well?

TIA!

[anon because I've been asking lots of ppl about this]

I also have the uppababy vista (and love it!!) but when I had my second baby I didn't want the rumble seat because the push isn't the same. We got the city mini gt and I have to tell you it also pushes beautifully. The uppababy is a dream and I didn't think I would like the CM but I do. We found it for $399 on line and it was worth every dollar. The only annoying thing is I don't use the car seat adapter since it's such a hassle so I have the rumble seat when I need to take both kids out for a quick stop.
Also the regular city mini doesn't compare to the gt. Totally different push. And I have never had a problem fitting through any door my uppababy couldn't.

cs1

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 3:58 pm
I was also deciding between the two.

one problem with the britax b-agile, is that it only takes the britax carseat.

I have another very expensive carseat so I wasn't going to buy a new one. as I always use the adapter for the first 6 months.

another issue is that it is about 4-6 pounds heavier than the citi mini double. For me, the ease to fold it and be able to lift it in and out of the car was VERY important.

In the end I got the citi mini double (about a month ago..and I still didnt use it yet because I didnt buy the adapter Confused )

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 4:54 pm
cs1 wrote:
I was also deciding between the two.

one problem with the britax b-agile, is that it only takes the britax carseat.

I have another very expensive carseat so I wasn't going to buy a new one. as I always use the adapter for the first 6 months.

another issue is that it is about 4-6 pounds heavier than the citi mini double. For me, the ease to fold it and be able to lift it in and out of the car was VERY important.

In the end I got the citi mini double (about a month ago..and I still didnt use it yet because I didnt buy the adapter Confused )

Have you looked into the citi mini adapter? It's not something that comes on and off easily and it's extremely bulky. I have a 2009 accord and don't think it would fit in my trunk... Just look into it before you buy it.

deena19k

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 4:58 pm
I have the adaptor for the double city mini. Didn't even use it once. It is bulky and awkward and annoying. I ended up just putting my baby straight into the stroller even though it meant waking her up all the time.

That being said, if you'd like to buy it off of me, I'd be thrilled to sell it! Lol

mommyfirst

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:11 pm
FYI for those of you who don't like the city mini carseat adapter:

There's a city mini basinet insert for the double stroller which works very nicely for a newborn!!! It clicks in and out as needed!!
I loved it because
a) I don't like having babies in car seats too much
B) sleeping infant can be easily transported in and out of house.
Look into it!

AhavatYisrael

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:39 pm
I posted the same question last summer and went with the britax in the end.

I have a city mini single, so my first thought was to go with that but after doing a lot of research we opted for the britax. Both have pros and cons, but the britax worked better for our needs and we've been really happy with it. Just a note of caution: if you end up deciding on a britax and buy one that was made before June 2013, there was a safety recall so you'll have to contact the company to send you something to fix it. It's nothing scary or complicated. Basically it's 4 adhesive pieces of plastic that you have to stick to the sides of the stroller.

Overall, it looked like the britax copied the city mini design but improved all the areas we didn't like about the mini. Adjustable handlebar, easier access to storage (and even theleg rests unzip so that you can access the front of the storage as well!), easily adjustable straps etc.

For us, the two major cons were that you can only use it with a britax car seat (maybe it works with others, but it definitely didn't work with our one) and also that you can't use a bassinet. The car seat problem became a nonissue when we saw the huge (and really expensive and heavy) adaptor that you have to use with the city mini double. The amount of time that we'd have to spend installing and uninstalling it really did not make it worthwhile. I'd rather buy a new car seat (which I didn't do). In the end, when we put the seat into a fully reclining position, my baby looked so comfortable that I was ok with keeping her in it like that, which is something that I'm usually very against. Despite that though, I still really tried to limit the amount of time that she was in there. I also had a bassinet stroller so that when I was only going out with my baby and no other kids that needed a stroller, I used that instead. Keep in mind that the need for a car seat/bassinet is for such a short period of time (3 months? 4?).

As for the width, maybe the specs have changed, but when we bought ours, the britax was slightly narrower than the city mini. I was warned though that if your toddler has a big build then it won't be the most comfortable and know people who went with the city mini because of that. My toddler's about average height/weight and loves it.

The one big pro about the city mini though is that its warranty lasts much longer than the britax (lifetime warranty on the frame vs one year).

Hope this helps!

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 7:56 pm
AhavatYisrael wrote:

I have a city mini single, so my first thought was to go with that but after doing a lot of research we opted for the britax. Both have pros and cons, but the britax worked better for our needs and we've been really happy with it. Just a note of caution: if you end up deciding on a britax and buy one that was made before June 2013, there was a safety recall so you'll have to contact the company to send you something to fix it. It's nothing scary or complicated. Basically it's 4 adhesive pieces of plastic that you have to stick to the sides of the stroller.

I have the Britax B-Agile single. Does the recall apply to it to?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 8:17 pm
mommyfirst wrote:
FYI for those of you who don't like the city mini carseat adapter:

There's a city mini basinet insert for the double stroller which works very nicely for a newborn!!! It clicks in and out as needed!!
I loved it because
a) I don't like having babies in car seats too much
B) sleeping infant can be easily transported in and out of house.
Look into it!

I'm pretty sure your talking about the city select not the city mini double ... The city mini double is a side by side and doesn't have a bassinet option

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 10:23 pm
Thanks all again for the feedback.

AhavatYisrael - yours was great, since you went through the same questions last year. Thanks for taking the time to write up such a detailed answer Smile

Since there is no adapter for a graco car seat, the britax is not an option - the cost of a new car-seat makes it as expensive as the city mini GT. And to wake the baby to transfer from car to stroller every time is not an option.

But now I see that there is a newer version of the city mini GT, with newer colors (love the turquoise!) - and a big price difference!!! I need to convince DH (and myself) that the price difference is worth it Smile

Thanks again,
OP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics