Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Woman faked quintuplet pregnancy for months
Previous  1  2

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:43 pm
carpediem wrote:
The mind definitely controls some body functions. I read an interesting article describing a research study which proved that women produce more milk when they are around children (even not their own) vs when they are alone.

Oh yes. Of course people give off complex chemical signals which are detected by smell by other people, entirely unconsciously, but with big effects.

It's well known that a group of women living together for a while align, synchronize, their cycles; they can't help it. Every dorm girl knows that.

It's also well known that an ovulating woman talks higher pitched, walks slightly more seductively, is prone to buying pretty stuff, and gets higher tips from men if she's in a service industry. (That implies that a woman who never ovulates may excite her man slightly less. Women on the Pill never ovulate.)

Who knows, there might be an implication for encouraging fertility, by being around pregnant woman. Say, by visiting a waiting room where a lot of them are sitting around, reading a magazine, perhaps near the middle of one's month. Women influence each other strongly, physically. The dorm scene shows that.

Hormones are potent things. And so is mood, as you say. Hormones affect mood, and the reverse is also true, mood also affects hormones.

Stress affects hormonal levels powerfully.

People are very much affected on the inside by what they see and think on the outside.

Oh we are so complicated.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 4:34 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Wave That would be me. Very Happy

It's a bit more complicated than that, and it's intensely hard work. First you have to take 3 months of birth control pills back to back. Then you have to start taking massive doses of Domperidone, alone with Hyssop tea (as much as you can stand). Pump for at least a half an hour total, every 3 to 4 hours, around the clock. Pray that by the time the baby arrives, you'll have a decent supply in. Even with all of that work, I still had to supplement. I don't regret a minute of the work because every drop of milk is precious, and there's no replacing the time that DD and I spent together. It was pure magic.

The guy would have to be pretty oblivious not to notice if she was pumping regularly - although there are other medical conditions that can cause both men and women to lactate.

BTW, did anyone else catch that he'd just met her a month earlier, through some kind of online chat thing, before she announced her pregnancy? The day they met in person, they must have gone straight to bed. shock

I admit, it sounds insanely hard work. You are amazing!!

I read a news story about a man whose wife died giving birth. The man managed to breastfeed his older child. (not the newborn, the older child!)

Ruchel

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 8:04 am
https://megillatesther.wordpre.....tion/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics