Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Fridge Recommendation, 22 cu ft, side by side freezer

amother

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 6:06 pm
What's the best quality brand and model refrigerator? for size 21.9-22 cu ft with side by side fridge/freezer? not too expensive, but I want quality so I'm willing to pay more if it's good and lasts a while.

mfb

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 6:44 pm
Don't have a specific brand but I used to have one that had full glass shelves and was easily cleaned, now I have on that the shelves are glass in a plastic frame and much harder to clean

mommydearest

Post Tue, Mar 25 2014, 7:14 pm
Not sure of the size that I have, but very happy with my KitchenAid side-by-side fridge. Good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:44 pm
mommydearest wrote:
Not sure of the size that I have, but very happy with my KitchenAid side-by-side fridge. Good luck!

which model? when did you buy it?

mfb

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 7:08 pm
another thing I know someone whos freezer is to narrow for a 9x13 baking pan. that would really annoy me, but im not sure if it makes a difference to you

anonymom

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 7:17 pm
I recently bought a new fridge and I learned that you have to either get a fridge with Shabbos mode or you have to make sure that the defrost cycle is not triggered by number of door openings if you want to open it on Shabbos or YT. You can consult a Rabbi or Kashrus organization who has experience with appliances or at least go to a frum store and see if they know what the issues are.

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 6:47 am
anonymom wrote:
I recently bought a new fridge and I learned that you have to either get a fridge with Shabbos mode or you have to make sure that the defrost cycle is not triggered by number of door openings if you want to open it on Shabbos or YT. You can consult a Rabbi or Kashrus organization who has experience with appliances or at least go to a frum store and see if they know what the issues are.

what does this mean? Are you referring to the freezer- and opening it too many times? or the fridge or both?

m+m

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 6:53 am
I recently got a Frigidare that has shabbos mode and I am very happy! Be careful with a freezer that has an ice manker. Although I have shabbos mode it doesn't shut the ice making capabilities and continues to make ice all shabbos. We were told we needed to shut off the ice machine for shabbos which is simple to do.
Check the Star K website for a listing of the "kosher" refrigerators

This is what we bought:

http://www.sears.com/frigidair.....pe=G3

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 3:50 pm
Esti's Mom wrote:
I recently got a Frigidare that has shabbos mode and I am very happy! Be careful with a freezer that has an ice manker. Although I have shabbos mode it doesn't shut the ice making capabilities and continues to make ice all shabbos. We were told we needed to shut off the ice machine for shabbos which is simple to do.
Check the Star K website for a listing of the "kosher" refrigerators

This is what we bought:

http://www.sears.com/frigidair.....pe=G3

We don't want an icemaker. I'll check star k. thank you

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 6:53 pm
star k's list is not updated. A lot of their models are discontinued. How do I find a reliable fridge that doesn't have defrost problems, magnet, or other problematic issues that the star k wrote about?

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 7:23 pm
Does anyone have a list updated fridges that have sabbath mode?
I tried searching online and couldn't find any list from this year.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 9:40 am
Please help! I need a sabbath mode fridge that's good, and that fits these dimensions: width: 32 and 3/4 inches till 33 and 3/4, height: 66 and 3/4 inches, depth: approximately 29 and 1/4 inch. I am flexible on depth but not really on height or width because of the space. Please help me find a star k certified fridge like this. I tried searching online, but it's hard to find one that fits dimensions, and sabbath mode and isn't exorbitant. tia

m+m

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
star k's list is not updated. A lot of their models are discontinued. How do I find a reliable fridge that doesn't have defrost problems, magnet, or other problematic issues that the star k wrote about?

Call them

m+m

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 9:42 am
amother wrote:
We don't want an icemaker. I'll check star k. thank you

Most refrigerates come with ice maker. Very difficult to find without one.

m+m

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 9:45 am
amother wrote:
Please help! I need a sabbath mode fridge that's good, and that fits these dimensions: width: 32 and 3/4 inches till 33 and 3/4, height: 66 and 3/4 inches, depth: approximately 29 and 1/4 inch. I am flexible on depth but not really on height or width because of the space. Please help me find a star k certified fridge like this. I tried searching online, but it's hard to find one that fits dimensions, and sabbath mode and isn't exorbitant. tia

I put your dimensions into Sears.com and this is what I got. If the link doesn't work just go to refrigerators and narrow it down to side by side and then height and then width.

http://www.sears.com/appliance.....ms=50

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 9:46 am
Esti's Mom wrote:
Most refrigerates come with ice maker. Very difficult to find without one.

We don't have a hook up to water line, so it would be pointless to have an ice maker if we couldn't use it.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 10:22 am
Esti's Mom wrote:
I put your dimensions into Sears.com and this is what I got. If the link doesn't work just go to refrigerators and narrow it down to side by side and then height and then width.

http://www.sears.com/appliance.....ms=50

Thanks, I also saw that, but it's not certified kosher by star K or doesn't mention that it has a sabbath mode.

m+m

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 10:49 am
amother wrote:
Thanks, I also saw that, but it's not certified kosher by star K or doesn't mention that it has a sabbath mode.

Shabbos mode may simply mean that it has a switch for the light bulb. If there is no water or ice maker and no digital display it may not necessarily need a "real" shabbos mode.

Ask LOR as some may be able to be used without Shabbos mode.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen