Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Please help me with 60-40

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 9:11 am
Ok.... Long story short I'm ill and attended my disability hearing. My judge was cold, indifferent, impatient, and very " lets get it done and over with " kind of guy. I understand I'm just a ticket and number no problem.

Afterwards I told my attorney I didn't feel so great about my outcome. She says lawyers don't travel to outside states for cases if they don't think they stand a good chance at winning them. Nice to know...... She also said I have tons of supporting medical information as well as written physicians notes. So I foolishly had to ask her to give me a percentage , she says 60-40 your favor. shock shock shock shock I have odds like that in lottery and a life style to support no wins. 60% chance of rain to me means bring your rain coat but don't change your plans yet. 60% chance of life and death to me would mean at least prepare with the burial business. Help me pleaseeeeee
As an attorney she has to have brains but I'm not so sure she passed basic math on her own merit if 60% means she feels really good about a win. Hashem help me for 6 weeks to understand the meaning of 60-40

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 9:45 am
Very sad bumping post

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 10:52 am
No win is 100%. A lawyer can say that their personal opinion is a 90%, but when it comes down to how everything else goes that day a 90% can turn out to be a 55% or sometimes a 30% resulting in a lose. If your lawyer feels you have a good chance to win and you feel your lawyer is competent, then stay with her. If you have second thoughts about her and her commitment to you and your case (considering it's too late to change) then I can only comfort you and say to daven it is bashert anyways. My family was in court for a long time about financial issues. We had such a textbook win. Our attorney could have said 100%, but with all of the other variables, we did not win in court. Still, a person wants an attorney who really feels that they can win. I wish you a lot of hatzlacha IYH it will work out.

Last edited by Scrabble123 on Wed, Mar 26 2014, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 11:16 am
Ty for responding. It did help me. It's comforting. Hashem help me to stay focused because I feel like I'm just empty and tired and devoid of most emotion unless it's tears. Ty so very much

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 4:28 pm
Since the government cut downs getting disability is a hit or miss. Nobody can promise you anything. But, I believe saying it's a 60/40 is saying it's better than a 50/50.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 4:38 pm
Thank you for kind posts from the bottom of my heart. Knowing a disease is terminal I guess isn't enough on its own in this economy.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 6:50 pm
If its terminal, did your lawyer consider if it qualified under a compassionate allowance?

Good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics