Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Do you use Zenni Optical.com?

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 1:25 pm
I'm trying to order glasses for my child, but I'm having a hard time, figuring out the numbers and which glasses to choose. Any help out there? Advice?

Thanks!

mille

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 1:32 pm
I have used them to great success, but I will say the frames do need to be mega adjusted to be wearable unless you (or your child I guess!) is not remotely sensitive to pressure on the head.

You need to look at the actual RX from the optometrist for all of the numbers. Axis/etc will be listed. If there's no number for a particular thing, don't put anything or put 0. For pupillary distance, it's probably best if you ask the optometrist for this as well, otherwise you can download a printable measurement thing online. Definitely check that it prints to scale with a ruler, though!!!

They also do have an exchange policy, if you aren't happy you can exchange and get credit towards another pair.

As for which glasses, well, it's up to you. It might be worth it to go to lens crafters or whatever to try lenses first, get a feel for what looks good and is comfortable, then use that info to browse online. Good luck!

tizunabi

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 3:24 pm
We used them recently for the first time. we bought 4 pairs of glasses for $100, and my lenses are relatively expensive because of my prescription.
3 of the pairs are amazing and perfect without doing any adjustments or anything. One of the pairs is more problematic and needs a bit of adjustment to sit well on the face. It was the cheapest pair that we bought ($12).
We got the prescriptions from an optometrist, but we got them free so I don't add that cost into the glasses cost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars