Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving Erev Pesach

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 2:32 pm
We recently found an apartment bh and it needs some work. It is scheduled to be done on thursday before shabbos hagodol. I would have liked to start moving things earlier, before the movers. But now I don't know if I'll be able to. That leaves us friday and sunday. After pesach isn't an option cuz I'm due that week. Has anyone moved on friday? Erev pesach? Is it do-able? (I don't even know where I'll be eating that shabbos.) At wits end

Any and all advice and opinions are welcome.

bubbebia

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 2:37 pm
Wow! That beats what we went through. We moved 3 weeks before Pesach to a new city with 2 little kids and I was 6 mos pregnant. B"H the house was clean and we just made everything Pesachdik. It was the hardest Pesach of my life. I hope you'll have someplace to go for Shabbos meals. Unless you live where take out is easily accessible, you've got a tough time ahead of you. Anyway there's someone who can come and help? You don't want to push yourself too hard! Not safe for you. Are you going away for Pesach or are you staying in your new place? Unpack only what you'll need right away!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 2:38 pm
Get movers that pack for you to take the pressure off you and your husband and then just unpack slowly.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 2:44 pm
OP here. I'm not very concerned about shabbos, we can find a place to go. And we're not eating home any meals on Pesach. My main issue is moving and unpacking in such a short amount of time.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 2:47 pm
what about leaving things in boxes with drop clothes over them - so the painters can paint - but you would have moved your stuff in ...

pack a cooler for shabbos & eat picnic style ... think deli sandwiches

doctorima

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 2:58 pm
Doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. Seems like you're asking for trouble. If there's no choice, there's no choice. I definitely would prefer a long Friday to Erev Pesach though, which I would avoid at all cost!

oliveoil

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 3:26 pm
I would do it. Actually I have. I think it's a relatively good time to move. You go through and clean everything for Pesach anyway, this way you just pack it into boxes instead of putting it back on the shelves/in closets etc.

Make your new kitchen pesachdik right away. Leave the chometz kitchen stuff boxed up till after pesach, of course.

And if you're not eating any of the Pesach meals at home, you'll have all week to unpack and get organized.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 3:37 pm
oliveoil wrote:
I would do it. Actually I have. I think it's a relatively good time to move. You go through and clean everything for Pesach anyway, this way you just pack it into boxes instead of putting it back on the shelves/in closets etc.

Make your new kitchen pesachdik right away. Leave the chometz kitchen stuff boxed up till after pesach, of course.

And if you're not eating any of the Pesach meals at home, you'll have all week to unpack and get organized.

This!

Unpack slowly, taking out just what you need for YT at first. It's not the end of the world if you live out of boxes for a few weeks.

chaya35

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 3:55 pm
label each box whats inside and which room it belongs. I had the movers put the boxes into the room they belong in. Once the boxes were separated into each room it didn't look like so many boxes so wasn't overwhelming. Put the boxes in the corner of the room and slowly unpack throughout the week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating