Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Clifton/ Passaic

amother

Post Wed, Mar 26 2014, 9:20 pm
I'm looking into clifton/passaic and had some questions:

1)how much is the commute to manhattan (midtown) is monthly- bus or train.
2) how much is the tuition for the yeshiva elementary
3) which blocks are more popular with younger families (lower taxes would help)

thanks!

amother

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 1:15 am
I live in Clifton and can tell you a few things. As far as commuting my dh drives in every day so I can't tell you exactly how much the commute is by train or bus but I know there are these minibuses that are about $5 each way-I think.
Tuition in YKP-full tuition comes to about 10k per kid. And then there are extras so if you're planning on not asking for a break factor it at about 12k per child 1-8 grades.
Blocks-taxes all depend on the size of your property and the condition of your house. My neighbor pays half the property tax I pay but my lot is double the size. As far as young families-depends on what type you are. The more yeshivish are concentrated in the older part of Passaic near the yeshiva gedolah. Most other young families live near rt 3 off of passiac ave in the Patricia place area or up and down the blocks between Passaic and Dwasline. There are more and more young families moving further up past dwasline as well. (Obviously these street names don't mean anything to you now but if you do a bit of research you'll understand it better). Please post if you need any more info!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating