Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Accounting Job

chat

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 8:53 pm
My husband just got his master in Accounting and is studying for his CPA. He is trying really hard to find a job and has been unsuccessful. If anyone has any leads I would really appreciate it!!!

rochel3

Post Thu, Mar 27 2014, 10:34 pm
Does his school have a career finder program? Does he have a high gpa?

Cookiegirl

Post Fri, Mar 28 2014, 12:08 am
Where are you located?

chat

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 7:28 pm
his school doesnt have good recruiting, but he has high gpa. we r in lkwd but hes willing to travel...

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 7:39 pm
Good luck. It's not easy, especially in Lakewood because the PCS program is churning out accountants like there's no tomorrow, so the market is completely flooded. His best bet is to contact accountants he knows who are already employed and ask them to forward his resume to HR at their firms.

Edited to correct a typo.

dak11

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:24 pm
First he should try to find a bookkeeping job or even an internship just to get some experience for a least a year while working on passing the CPA exam. Then, he should go to as many career fairs and possible and apply for entry level positions with accounting firms. Small to mid-size firms are his best bet and the best time to apply is in from the fall to mid winter while firms are gearing up for tax season. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries