Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Stomach hurts - anything to do?

amother

Post Sat, Mar 29 2014, 11:25 pm
Poor 3y/o has some kind of virus, she threw up last night and has had diarrhea all day and tonight. Now she is crying in pain that her stomach hurts. I plan to take her to the doctor in the morning, I suppose it's probably just a virus but I want to check it out just in case. Meanwhile she is just so sad I wish I could do something. Is there anything to do? She is hurting so much no one can touch her stomach Sad she seems to feel a bit better after passing the diarrhea but then she ends in pain again until ready for the next episode... Help!

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Mar 29 2014, 11:43 pm
Refuah shelaima! Will she tolerate a hot water bottle? Not too hot obviously

tweety1

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 12:18 am
amother wrote:
Poor 3y/o has some kind of virus, she threw up last night and has had diarrhea all day and tonight. Now she is crying in pain that her stomach hurts. I plan to take her to the doctor in the morning, I suppose it's probably just a virus but I want to check it out just in case. Meanwhile she is just so sad I wish I could do something. Is there anything to do? She is hurting so much no one can touch her stomach Sad she seems to feel a bit better after passing the diarrhea but then she ends in pain again until ready for the next episode... Help!

I know somebody who had the same thing. Turned out to be appendicitis. Whats worrying me is that shes not letting anyone touch her stomach. With a virus a stomach massage often makes it slightly better while doing it. I'd go to an urgent care center if you're near onea

queen76

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 12:31 am
I don't mean to scare u, but my daughter had a burst appendices . She complained of stomach pain, and we also assumed it was a virus. We waited three days to take her to doc. ( we were in the country without car) she was in the hospital for a week.
To know if it's appendicitis, I recall that it was extremly painful to jump. Try getting her to jump. She how she reacts. My daughter was also vomiting a green mucus.
Refuah shleima

tropicalrainforest

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 12:38 am
I also had a son who we thought just had a stomach virus that turned out to be an appendix that burst . Please get to an emergency room ASAP .

amother

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 1:18 am
Doesn't fit descriptions I've seen of appendicitis. She has been acting pretty normal in between episodes, and each time the pain seems to get better after the diarrhea is out. There's no mucus in her vomit or diarrhea. Her appetite has been pretty normal. She started the vomiting and diarrhea last night but was jumping and bouncing around fine at several points during the day. You're getting me concerned but since it's 1am and she's presently sleeping, it looks to me like it can wait for morning. No fever either, btw.

paprika

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 1:22 am
Pepto bismol.

busydev

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 1:27 am
sounds like just a virus to me.
2yo ds had one that sounded similar a couple months ago. before having diarhea (however its spelled) he would cry and cry. was mostly fine once it passed till the next time. lasted 2-3 days and then was over. I caught it a week later and there were shooting stomach pains right before using the bathroom. also vomiting and just under the weather.

Pineapple

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 9:42 am
Make sure to keep giving her fluids!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics