Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Charedim in Ramat Gan?

Frum

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 1:36 pm
Hi everyone,

My husband will iy"H visit Eretz Yisroel this week for a shiva. For practical reasons he is staying in Ramat Gan. Could anybody tell me if there are any shuls in the area of Kfar Maccabia hotel (except for the shul in the hotel itself)? And what is the status of the Ramat Gan hechsher?

Thanks a lot!

Frum

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 3:58 am
Bump

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:06 am
Ramat Gan is close to Bnei Brak.
I'm sure he can find something to eat there.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:35 am
Kfar HaMaccabia is a bit remote vs. the residential areas of Ramat Gan. Why can't he use the shul at the hotel? Regading eating. Well, depends what you are looking for. If you want Bnai Brak type kashrut, he'll have to go there and look for a place where he can sit down and eat. It's not common in Bnai Brak.

freidasima

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 11:54 am
I asked,a girlfriend from the area who said there are shuls right nearby just not charedi but lots of chardali types and very accepting. Gvurat mordechai on herzog street turnoff called simtat zimber, or a block away in givatayim a small shteibl on herzog 44 first floor second entrance or dovev oz On biluim street.

Frum

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 7:53 am
Thank you so much everyone!!!

The hotel uses the hechscher of the rabbanut of Ramat Gan, can anybody tell me what the 'status' of that hechsher is? Do chareidim eat it?

freidasima

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 8:24 am
I hear that charedim from the area use the lobby as a shidduch venue but I dont know what hechsher. Charedim per se here wont usually eat a plain rabbanut hechsher ever. A lot is politics.

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 8:31 am
There is a small hotel in Bnei Brak with a hecsher that is accepted in haredi circles.
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/H......html

Any chance he could stay there instead? Most hotel rates include breakfast, so if he won't eat the food at Kfar Maccabia, he's not exactly getting his money's worth. Of course, there may be food items with a haredi hecsher that are served at the Kfar Maccabia hotel. He would need to speak with the mashgiach.

Frum

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:46 am
Thanks! Unfortunately he won't be able to stay in Bnei Brak, which would have been a lot easier.

Can anyone advise a mehadrin restaurant in Tel Aviv?

freidasima

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 6:59 am
alternativ is a dairy mehadrin place but if he is in kfar maccabia it might be faster for him to get to bnai brak to eat unless he will be in tel aviv during the day and not in the area of kfar maccabia.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 1:26 pm
Freidasima, thank you so much for thinking along. What dairy mehadrin places are there in Ramat Gan? I can't really find anything (trustworthy) on the internet.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 1:34 pm
The hotel should provide mehadrin items for breakfast and would probably provide special meals if needed, He should speak to the mashgiach, there are quite a few mehdrin resturaunts in RG BB and TA, however, if he's sitting shiva, I don't know how that would work. He should probably speak to the mashgiach at the hotel who will give him on site advice.
Rabanut RG is an excellent hechsher, the rav of RG Rav Ariel is one of the gedolim of our times, however, unfortunately, due to politics chareidim will not eat his hechsher.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 1:34 pm
I think alternative closed down. I think there's roladin there instead. Check if its mehadrin. In kikar hamedina there's also kosher cafe cafe but not sure if its mehadrin.
There is uno which I think is mehadrin it's on Weizmann st.

In namal tlv there is a mehadrin cafe cafe and a mehadrin meat restaurant lechem basar.

Frum

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:02 pm
Thank you freidasima and chanchy! He will probably be in Bnei Brak in the evenings and try cafe cafe at day. You really helped me out everyone!

Gut shabbes,
Frum

westerner

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:51 pm
Frum wrote:
Thank you freidasima and chanchy! He will probably be in Bnei Brak in the evenings and try cafe cafe at day. You really helped me out everyone!

Gut shabbes,
Frum

marom naveh is an area that is not too far from kfar maccabiah (closer than bnei brak, and certainly closer than uno on weitzmann st as well as cafe cafe in kikar hamedina which btw, afaik is a regular rabbanut tel aviv hechsher- not 'mehadrin"). id say its about a 5-10 minute drive depending on the time of day. ample (free) parking.
there is an outdoor "strip mall" an indoor smaller mall, and a park.
cafe cafe there is definitely mehadrin and ive seen lots of chareidim eat there. there is also a roladin - not sure if thats mehadrin or not (we dont keep mehadrin so I dont often check). there is a cafe joe in the mall as well which is mehadrin.
there are really no cafes to speak of within bnei brak- pretty unfortunat actually!!

westerner

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:53 pm
also, Kfar Maccabiyah is really close to the Givatayim Mall. Im sure the mall also has Cafe Cafe/Aroma/Greg/Joe/Roladin- but I dont go very often so I dont remember which...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics