Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Gaming systems

ttbtbm

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 4:14 pm
We went through the pros and cons the first time around before we purchased a wii. Of course it's better to not bring these things into your home but we are on top of the kids and they can only use the wii for limited amounts of time after homework and jobs are done. But we have the old wii and have a hard time getting new games for it. It's time to upgrade. The wii worked for us because we don't allow violent games or games with images that are not tzniyus and we still had plenty to choose from. The miis are so cute! How does an Xbox compare? DH and I are so clueless in this area but don't want to spend tons of money on something we'll get rid of if we find it inappropriate in any way. I'd love to hear everyone's feedback!

ttbtbm

Post Sun, Mar 30 2014, 10:58 pm
Bump

ttbtbm

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:32 am
Does anyone have an Xbox who can chime in?

I really appreciate all help in this area.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 8:34 am
we have a wii. I imagine you can still buy second hand games on ebay.

If you look on amazon the reviews will tell a lot about a product.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 10:55 am
I would not get an xbox. I have a wii as well. you should certainly be able to buy used games for your wii. check amazon, ebay, or your local computer software store.

little_mage

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 12:53 pm
I guess I'd better chime in here. We have an Xbox 360, a Wii, and a Playstation 4. Nintendo has a reputation as being the "family friendly" video game company. I would stick with the Nintendo products if you're really careful. There are good games out there for the Xbox, but sometimes the home screen comes up with advertisements that are a little risque. That being said, we have the Xbox live service, so it might be different if you don't subscribe.

However, in terms of games, have you looked at the stuff they sell online to simply download? DH (who is the bigger gamer in the house), has bought several games that way, including stuff that was originally designed for older systems. Also, we buy a lot of games used from Gamestop, and they've still be carrying several Wii games the last several times we've been there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics