Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Challah baking CLASS: NYC/Brooklyn/Queens

JewishMommyNYC

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 9:54 am
Does anyone know of a challah baking class that's located in Queens/Brooklyn/Long Island area?

Kitten

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 2:27 pm
Challah is very easy to bake, I don't thing you need to take a class for it. If you never tried before, just follow a random recipe then, next time, you can customize it according to your taste.

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 2:43 pm
Kitten is right technically, you could just follow a recipe, but I've been to classes/workshops and it is nice and fun that way. Also, it's much much easier to learn how to braid it in person. I have a lot of experience with challah, various recipes and shaping techniques, and would be happy to give a class on it if you got together a group and a location.

Kitten

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 3:08 pm
If you put it that way, I would also like to go to a class, have fun and meet new people Smile

Happy18

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 3:12 pm
In the past they are usually advertised right after Pesach. If you are on any shul email lists keep an eye out.

JewishMommyNYC

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 6:38 pm
Ladies- thank you so much for your responses. I'm sure I could follow a recipe but I would feel most comfortable after taking a class. Maybe we can try putting something together through here?
Seeker- where are you located? Could you host a class in your kitchen?

Last edited by JewishMommyNYC on Mon, Mar 31 2014, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 6:41 pm
I'm in NY and portable within the area, but my kitchen is pretty small and usually cluttered.

JewishMommyNYC

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 6:51 pm
I just had to edit my last post because it was filled with typos. My kitchen is pretty small too. Let's see where this thread takes us. I might be able to ask a friend also.

Kitten

Post Mon, Mar 31 2014, 6:58 pm
My kitchen is really, really tiny. But I would be happy to join you somewhere. I also live in NY.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads