Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Investments
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 9:18 am
Whoever said they bought whole or universal life insurance sit down with ur agent make him print out exactly what you'll be getting. I tried more than once hoping to earn a nice amount and the same time be insured was very very disappointed. They said it wasn't 15 yrs.they deducted all kinds of things. Didn't even get back what I put in. Only term pays to buy. Speak to people who have solid investments to guide you

cookiecutter

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 9:29 am
1. Re: Life insurance, there is no magic and anyone who says that there is is lying. It is a simple combination of two products: conservative investments and insurance risk-bearing. If the investment does well, then like any other investment, you make money. If the investment does poorly, then you don't. You can do better if you separate the two products and get term life insurance and an index fund. The only reason to get whole life insurance is if you think it will be an incentive to save that you would not otherwise have. (There might possibly be some better tax treatment if you can turn a million bucks of income into a million bucks of insurance payment.)

2. Re: consulting a professional, you should consult a professional to figure out the details of how you should divide your money into short term, long term, and retirement accounts, and general ideas about what kind of things to put it in. You should not consult a professional about which stocks to buy, because they don't know. When you consult the professional, you should be very aware of where they are coming from and what motivates them. Are they selling a particular company's products? Are they getting a cut of what you invest, or only what they return? How do their interests align with yours? Do they make money per transaction, so that they'll constantly be moving your money around? Or do they get bonuses from their company for assets under management? The general point that nobody can beat the market is a good place to start in determining whom to believe and about what.

mom9876

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 4:32 pm
I would recommend you calling someone that I had a great experience with and really is honest and helpful.
Joel Kaplowitz 732-922-6300 ext 125 and tell him aviva sent you and he will take care of you

amother

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 8:11 am
I still think in the long run even if you don't see profits right away real estate still the best investment. People have doubled and tripled their money. Even if you don't sell once the house or building is paid off you will have big amounts coming in. The one that said she has 300,000 to invest should consider getting some investors and buy a big building. After a while can be sold for enormous profits. The run down buildings that need a lot of repairs the government usually has programs to renovate
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics