Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dishes with lots of kids at the table-glass,corelle,china?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 3:13 pm
What do you use at the seder if there are many adults and also many children attending? I know Corelle is not as fancy as china would be, but then again, I don't have to worry about children breaking anything and/or getting hurt. What's your opinion?

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 3:22 pm
I like china. you can get fancy disposables for any child too young to use real china.

spring13

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 3:22 pm
I got Corelle for Pesach because A. there was a good deal on Amazon at the right time, and B. it's pretty and reusable, but also lightweight and thin, ie: easier to stack and pack and schlep around than regular china.

Considering that an awful lot of people I know don't own any Pesach dishes at all, using paper the entire time, I'd say if you're doing Corelle you're already fancier than the current standard. If you want to use regular dishes for a big crowd, then Corelle is davka a good choice. There are lots of pretty patterns!

rachel6543

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 3:25 pm
How about china for the adults and plastic or paper plates for the kids? That's what I do for shabbat and yom tov.

Or if you don't want to do dishes, paper for everyone? I don't have pesach plates, so I just use paper plates for the Seder and Passover. The rest of the year we use real dishes because I don't like being wasteful. Not bad using paper plates for one wk out of the yr.

Pineapple

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 3:28 pm
I use correlle cuz that what I got for free LOL

abby1776

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 4:58 pm
Adults get china. Kids get correlle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen