Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Going from purees to real solids

wiki

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 3:43 pm
My 7 MO baby is pretty good with baby food glop (at least with the flavors she likes), but seems to have no interest at all in table foods. When I've tried giving her teeny tiny pieces of mushy solid veggies or single cheerios, she acts like she's choking and has no clue what to do. This scares her and also scares me. Then she becomes entirely uncooperative because she is terrified. How do we pass this stage and graduate from liquid gloops to more standard foods? She has been enjoying baby food for a full month now with no real progress to more solid foods.

busydev

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 7:14 pm
finger foods are generally expected around the 9mo mark. keep offering new flavors of "glop" for now. offer her kix or baby puffs and similar foods before cheerios even as they melt in the mouth and are better first finger foods. you can try less liquidy foods too like mashed banana or carrots etc vs. the smoother, watery pureed baby food jars so she starts getting used to textures. one month on baby food is nothing.

bookie

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 7:24 pm
None of my kids would eat solid foods until at least nine months and some of them not until a year.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics