Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Rebbi calling ds 15 bad names in front of the class
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 9:49 pm
I just found out. Ds just told me. It was going on for months. The names are extremely bad. Wwyd. I'm shocked. Dh is angry.

stay

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 9:54 pm
I'm so sorry to hear that. Call the other parents see if their kids have the same experience. The more parents the more pressure. Then have a conference with the school principal an the teacher and as many parents as you can get.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 9:55 pm
How old is he? I would not send him back to that class, ever. And the school would have lots and lots of explaining to do. And our rav would interfere as well and give them hell.

strawberry cola

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:04 pm
TAKE HIM OUT OF THAT CLASS! DONT SEND HIM BACK ANOTHER DAY! TELL THE PRINCIPAL AND TELL YOUR RAV

bubbebia

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:12 pm
No one needs to be verbally abused and clearly this is verbal abuse. It's not just for spouses and children. Get him out of there. I think you need to find another school for your child.

Happy18

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:19 pm
Only reason you should send him back is if he is carrying some kind of recording device. Get this abuse on tape and make copies. I'd like to see the school refuse to deal with that.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:29 pm
I would have it out with the 'rebbie' & keep your son out of that class - maybe even out of the school depending on the impetus of the principal

PAMOM

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 10:45 pm
In some states, it's a felony to record someone without their consent.

zaq

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 11:07 pm
But wait. How old is your ds? Are you sure he's telling you the truth? I find it odd that he should give you an exact number. Was he counting?

Now before you all start flaming me, I'm not calling op's ds a liar. He may indeed be telling the truth, in which case there are no words to describe how horrible an individual this so-called rebbe is. But before you do anything, make sure ds is in fact telling you the truth. You might want to ask other parents in the class--I'm pretty sure that if the rebbe verbally flayed a kid in the class, at least some of the classmates would have brought the tale home.

Children, especially young ones, sometimes misinterpret, exaggerate, or even invent stories. What gets my suspicionometer going is that the ds didn't say his rebbe called him names, he said he called him 15 bad names. How many of us even know 15 bad names to call a person? Maybe the rebbe reprimanded the boy, and the boy interpreted this as calling him bad names.

If it turns out to be a reasonably accurate report, then that teacher must be bounced out of there pronto.

Cookie Monster

Post Tue, Apr 01 2014, 11:11 pm
I understand that "15" is the age of the DS and not the amount of bad words. Am I correct op?

Not that it makes the situation better chas vesholom Im just trying to clarify. Did you mean to say Rebbi calling ds, (age) 15, bad names)

amother

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 1:14 am
Op here
15 is ds age.
I know it's true. I heard from other people in the class. I called today.

DrMom

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 1:19 am
"Rebbi calling ds, 15, bad names in front of the class"

m in Israel

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 1:24 am
I also thought it meant 15 different bad names! embarrassed

In any case, I would also be quite angry. Name calling is not appropriate, ever. I would definitely speak to a principal/ supervisor, if you are sure this information is accurate.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 8:14 am
Protect him, don't put him back in class with that Rebbe.

Happy18

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 8:23 am
PAMOM wrote:

I'm pretty sure child abuse can be as well. Wasn't giving legal advice to the OP, was saying that is the only way/reason I'd send a kid back into an abusive environment.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 10:08 am
PAMOM wrote:

a: who cares?
b: if it's ny state, it's totally legal.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 3:04 pm
another vote for 15 years old ... who on earth would count the names - maybe the amount of times - but again wouldn't one lose count after 3

amother

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 5:50 pm
Op here
His age is 15. The names were really bad and s-xual type of bad names.

Happy18

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 6:00 pm
amother wrote:
Op here

Have you called the school?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 6:07 pm
amother wrote:
Op here

What happened today?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children