Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need a rental in West Rogers Park, Chicago

bradybunch

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 7:32 am
We are moving to Chicago for my medical residency and need to find a house to rent in West Rogers Park. We have many friends locally looking for us, but would appreciate ANY leads we can find. It's not an easy task. We need a minimum of 4 bedrooms (which can include basement). If anybody knows of anything please either reply or PM me. Thanks!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 7:55 am
Are you signed up for the Achdus Bulletin?

Welcome to Chicago! Good luck on your residency -- where will you be doing it? My husband is a Phd student at the University of Chicago.

bradybunch

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 7:59 am
Thanks! No, I don't know that bulletin. It's possible that's where a friend of mine posted a similar request. My husband is from Chicago and we have many friends there b"H.

Residency is a University of Chicago program at Evanston Hospital.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 8:28 am
e_plus3 wrote:
Thanks! No, I don't know that bulletin. It's possible that's where a friend of mine posted a similar request. My husband is from Chicago and we have many friends there b"H.

Residency is a University of Chicago program at Evanston Hospital.

To post in the Achdus Bulletin (free) call 773-761-4005 or email achdusbulletin@thechicagocenter.org

bradybunch

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 8:34 am
Thank you! That must be where my friend posted, she said she was sending it to Chicago Center newsletter.

We are getting antsy about finding something as there don't seem to be many rentals available.

m+m

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 8:39 am
e_plus3 wrote:
Thank you! That must be where my friend posted, she said she was sending it to Chicago Center newsletter.

We are getting antsy about finding something as there don't seem to be many rentals available.

There's really not many rentals. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Welcome to Chicago, feel free to PM me with any questions!

bradybunch

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 9:36 am
Thank you! I'm nervous about the move as I'm coming from a very small city.

We may have to expand our search to houses for sale, if anybody has input there. We'd rather avoid that as we own a house already and it's not really what we want to do financially, but obviously we need a place to live. Also if necessary will expand our search to Skokie, but our friends are in WRP. Only real requirement is 4 bedroom minimum due to the size of our family.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 11:27 am
e_plus3 wrote:
Thank you! I'm nervous about the move as I'm coming from a very small city.

We may have to expand our search to houses for sale, if anybody has input there. We'd rather avoid that as we own a house already and it's not really what we want to do financially, but obviously we need a place to live. Also if necessary will expand our search to Skokie, but our friends are in WRP. Only real requirement is 4 bedroom minimum due to the size of our family.

It might be worthwhile for you try some realtors -- they have apartment listings too. PM me if you'd like some names & numbers.

Also, be aware that Skokie is a very different kind of neighborhood/chevra than WRP.

bradybunch

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 11:34 am
OOTBubby wrote:
It might be worthwhile for you try some realtors -- they have apartment listings too. PM me if you'd like some names & numbers.

Also, be aware that Skokie is a very different kind of neighborhood/chevra than WRP.

Thank you. I will PM you. I know that Skokie is quite different. We don't exactly fit in either place but our friends are all in WRP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating