Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Infant Stroller

myname1

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 12:09 pm
I am looking for a simple stroller that is good for a newborn baby. I know the $1,000 strollers have the bassinet attachment, but would rather something a bit less of an investment. Can infants go in a regular stroller if you put the back all the way flat? I was thinking you could probably just put in a lining like a carseat has for a newborn- do those simple removeable linings exist for strollers? I saw some cheaper strollers also have a bassinet attachment, so that is an option. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm in Israel, don't have a car, and mostly get places walking or on buses. Thanks!

mandr

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 12:12 pm
I have a Stokke Scoot which is a stroller, not a carriage, and it doesn't come with a bassinet so I bought the accessory called a softbag which is an insert to make it baby-friendly. I'm very happy with it.

aka

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 12:35 pm
Try the hauck Malibu, looks like the uppa baby with smaller wheels, I believe you can buy it with a bassinet insert and can act as a snap and go, with the above mentioned accessories I believe it should cost you $300 or less.
http://m.albeebaby.com/hauck-m......html

I have it for a year less the accessories and very happy, my sil has it with all accessories and also is happy

mandr

Post Wed, Apr 02 2014, 1:06 pm
Why on earth was I hugged for talking about my stroller????

myname1

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 7:02 am
Thank you so much! So I can either get a stroller with a bassinet attachment or use a softbag. It looks like some come with a carseat/carrier as well as a flat bassinet and some come with only the carseat/carrier.

Can a baby sleep safely in either a carseat/carrier or a bassinet? Or do they really need the bassinet if they'll be in there a while? I was planning on having the baby sleep in the stroller for the first bit, so I want to make sure it's ok for a good chunk of time, or as good a chunk as the baby will let at least! At what ages to babies usually use each of these parts?

When a stroller comes with a carseat/carrier, is it always considered a "Snap-and-go", or do some of them not attach? I was trying to get an idea of what's out there from zap.co.il, and I didn't see anything specifying what attaches, so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to assume it all does. Thanks again!

chatz

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 7:35 pm
You can get a cushion that will cradle the baby and put the baby in just about any stroller that reclines back nicely. something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Summer-I.....t_top

Inglesina Zippy is a nice stroller that you can use for a newborn. You can buy a bassinet for it, but don't need to. I don't know what sells or is easily available in Israel, though. You don't need an expensive stroller for a baby - just one that reclines decently back.

Babies can nap in a car seat but it's not recommended as a long term sleep option.

As far as I know - snap n go refers to an empty frame where you snap in the carseat. But a lot of strollers have attachments that you can buy and then click the car seat into the attachment.

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 8:09 pm
mandr wrote:
Why on earth was I hugged for talking about my stroller????

I got hugged in a post in which I wrote where a store was located! LOL shock

OP there are many strollers with bassinet attachments that are cheaper than $1000.

If you specifically want a forward facing stroller that you will put an insert in, again there are many.

Some with a bassinet: Baby Roues, Uppa baby, City Select, Britax BReady, Peg Perego Skate, Mutsy
and this one is really cheap
http://www.diapers.com/p/summe.....rd%7D
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics