Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
A comfortable shaital, is that ever possible?

Smiling Wife

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:24 am
I need tips, I have a milano that I like, the cap fits well, if I have it on with no clips and no NOTHING it feels great and comfortable, BUT I don't feel it is secure and it DOES end up slipping ( to the side usually )
I can't do clips, and the velour headband thingy is JUST TOO HOT!
what is your advice?

ALSO, in the summer heat, how do I manage? Should I buy a really short shaital for the summer? does that help? Mine is neck eighth but I think I need something like TOTALLY short for me to survive.

THANKS!!!

Smiling Wife

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:43 am
ANYONE?

reportrmom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 10:15 am
have you tried a pincurl? Twist some of your own hair in the front into a tight curl and secure with two bobby pins in an x shape. Slide the comb in the front into the curl. I wore my sheitel like that for a long time.

m+m

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 10:44 am
Smiling Wife wrote:
I need tips, I have a milano that I like, the cap fits well, if I have it on with no clips and no NOTHING it feels great and comfortable, BUT I don't feel it is secure and it DOES end up slipping ( to the side usually )
I can't do clips, and the velour headband thingy is JUST TOO HOT!
what is your advice?

ALSO, in the summer heat, how do I manage? Should I buy a really short shaital for the summer? does that help? Mine is neck eighth but I think I need something like TOTALLY short for me to survive.

THANKS!!!

Put it up in a pony, that will probably be the most comfortable. But it will slip if you're not wearing clips..

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:38 pm
Can you just wear the clips loosely? Once I have my sheital on just right, I undo and then re-do the side clips loosely so they are on but without feeling like I'm getting a face lift.

The Happy Wife

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 7:14 pm
What about a clip in the middle of the sheitel, on top of your head? I've heard that is more comfortable, but I do no personal experience trying that.

dak11

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 10:14 am
Fortune wigs and Milano wigs make a cap that has this velour type of material sewn into the top of the cap that keeps the wig on without clips or combs. I would call them and ask if they can put it into your sheitel. I have a fortune with this type of cap and it's secure and super comfortable, although I'm a little worried that it may get hot in the summer.

Kitten

Post Wed, Apr 09 2014, 10:39 am
You don't need to use clips, just get a "wig cap". It's kind of a sock stocking that you put on your head. It holds all your hair in one place and the sheitel doesn't slip.

real israeli

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 10:21 am
I know this topic is old but can't resist pointing this out:
to me it sounds like the op is someone who does not have hair under her wig. So to all those who answered clipping loosely, putting hair in a pony, gathering hair to the front... I doubt that's a possibility for her.
To the OP: I was recently at Irene's wigs and a lady there who shaves was asking them about putting a metal piece or something on the bottom to hold it in place. I'm not sure what she was talking about because I have hair but the man there told her he can do it... maybe ask Milano if they have something to prevent it from slipping.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels