Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Have you ever called 311 or the like and what for?
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:28 am
I lived on a busy street and I called because the traffic light was broken and my ds wasn't able to take his nap from all the honking Very Happy . They said it was already called in. I don't remember if they fixed it in time for him to take his nap, but he did fall asleep...eventually Wink .

tweety1

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:35 am
Inadequate heat in my building. My landlord lives in my building. My dayan told me to knock on landlords door tell him my phone is broken and ask to use his. And in front of him call 311. I live in bp for your info and landlord is chasidisha man with long beard

tweety1

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:36 am
I didnt end up doing it but I did call from my phone

imasoftov

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:39 am
I've dialed 106 ...

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:47 am
imasoftov wrote:
I've dialed 106 ...

I don't know what that is, but I did say and the like. Wink

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:52 am
I've dialed 311 to report:

open fire hydrants
deep potholes
traffic lights being out

imasoftov

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:52 am
yo'ma wrote:
I don't know what that is, but I did say and the like. Wink

It's the Israeli equivalent. I reported a faulty streetlight, they fixed it.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:00 am
Streetlight out
Pothole

5*Mom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:20 am
I once called 106 (the municipality) to report a wandering donkey. I live in RBS; it's not NYC but it isn't a backwater town either. The donkey was at the side of a very busy street.

When I called, I heard the woman shout, in Hebrew, "Tzvika, didn't I tell you about the donkey?! Why haven't you taken care of it yet?!" To which Tzvika replied, "I did! I took it to the forest!" "Well it's back again!"

When I finally calmed down and caught my breath enough to call my husband, he said, "So that's what I saw rummaging through the garbage this morning on my way to neitz. I thought it was awfully large for a dog."

out-of-towner

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 7:30 am
I called to report a scary-looking dog on the loose.

baskrox

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 8:08 am
I called them to clean out my sewer line - a few times. Also, for bulk trash removal. I need to request a four-way stop sign on my corner - thanks for reminding me, pple run the stop sign all the time and we have many accidents...

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 8:15 am
I wonder if 311 will get me anywhere in NEOH ...

Sherri

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 8:26 am
Dead cat on the sidewalk.

mrshj

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:05 am
I call it constantly just to hear about alternate side parking.
Once I was parked in a spot and a car was double parked and I couldn't get out. I was sitting there with 3 cranky kids for about a half hour. I called 311 but by the time they got back to me the driver had already come out and moved his car. They told me that it was a valid concern and the police was ready to come down for it.
By the way, guy came out and without an excuse me or an I am sorry moved out of the way and took over the spot I had just vacated.
The chutzpah some people have.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:43 am
FYI, you can text 311. I think it's 311-692. I always texted them prior to a snow day to find out if there would be schools. then I learned that it's a fait accompli, becuase my son's school unfortunately closed sometimes when even BOE was open Sad

boro parker

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 9:44 am
called about neighbor smoking in the hallway

git

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 10:07 am
Dead bird that was on sidewalk.
I passed it every day going to work.

madys

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 10:19 am
I called once and was SO impressed!

My father called me that he wasn't feeling well, and was calling 911 for an ambulance. He's in Queens and I'm on Long Island. I got to the hospital that's the closest to his appartment, but he wasn't there. The ER clerk told me to call 311 and see where they took him. I called, and they transferred me to dispatch and once I gave him my father's address, he told me that he is still in the ambulance and on the way to the hospital, and gave me the address of the hospital to make sure I was at the right one.

They had all the info so quick!

I wish they had this for Long Island.

skymile

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 11:22 am
I've called for:

2 kids smoking pot outside my building
mold report in my apt that my landlord refused to acknowledge
broken traffic light on New Utrecht/50th/12th ave. VERY busy intersection and everyone was just honking and almost crashing in to people/cars.

I've also called 911 to report a car crash that happened RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. was so terrifying because it involved multiple cars and could easily have been us Ch'v.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 12:16 pm
boro parker wrote:
called about neighbor smoking in the hallway

What would they do about that? Isn't a hallway indoors and private property. The boys smoking pot outside, like a different poster said, I understand, but why for this?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics