Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Have you ever called 311 or the like and what for?
Previous  1  2

artz

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 3:33 pm
I called for a broken traffic light they asked me some crazy question like is it in busy intersection, can it cause an accident then they said oh this is for the police and transferred me to the police

boro parker

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:26 pm
yo'ma wrote:
What would they do about that? Isn't a hallway indoors and private property. The boys smoking pot outside, like a different poster said, I understand, but why for this?

forgot to point out that I live in an apartment building- it's considered public area.
They contacted the landlord...to make a long story short, the neighbor moved out.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:31 pm
I called 311 for a driver driving very fast the wrong way up a one-way street.

I called 911 for a truck in front of us that dropped part of the load it was carrying on the road. It was dangerous for traffic.

Also 911 for a car that swerved off the road and it looked like the driver was sleeping. In case it was a heart attack.

All 3 times they thanked me for calling. My husband is very into calling when you see something dangerous - we're always surprised that other people haven't called.

mirror

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 4:56 pm
Called 311 to report an empty lot with icy sidewalks.

happy chick

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:06 pm
I call all the time to find out if alternate side parking is suspended

iluvy

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:48 pm
I called to report an elderly woman who was topless in the bank. While I was on the line she put a shirt on and walked across the street - straight through traffic - into a pharmacy, so the 311 rep said the pharmacist would take care of it and make a report if necessary.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 11:18 pm
Building next to my work that had a persistent (days/weeks) very strong bathroom odor coming out of it covering the whole surrounding sidewalk.

Complaint about a certain city agency that was impossible to reach in any way despite having sent me a letter threatening a certain action if I didn't contact them soon.

busydev

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 12:35 am
dh has called numerous times abt cars parked in the same spot for over a week that dont belong to our building.

lfab

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 10:25 am
I've called to find out about alternate side and if the public schools were open.

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 11:16 pm
I've called a couple times to find out if a certain library was open or about alternate side.

I called twice to complain. Once about a neighbor who was smoking into the shaft that went into my window and they said they can't do anything about it.
The second time was to complain at 1230am about loud driling from the street next to me. They asked me so many strange questions by the time I was done they had finished drilling.

Chloe22

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 10:26 am
To find out about alternate side of the street parking and if you have to pay meters.
To report a broken traffic light.
To report a hydrant that was leaking during the winter and causing the street to be covered with ice
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics