Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
How to give a belated wedding gift?

3rdStoryView

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:12 am
My friend's daughter got married roughly a year ago. I was going to chip in with some others for a gift but it never happened. Then I thought I'd give them some nice blankets, but by now I'm sure they have what they need. In addition, the mother probably needs more help than the couple, as she has recently run into some serious financial problems! I would like to give her some money, but I think that she'll feel humiliated. Any ideas?

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 5:27 am
I think its a bit late to be helping the mother, but a couple, just starting out can always use monetary gifts Smile
Never to late to send a check and just write in the envelope that you are sorry you didnt get it to them sooner. I am sure that they will appreciate the money now as well.

momfrombrooklyn

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 3:50 pm
I'm sure they would greatly appreciate it. Just send them check, with a card wishing them a belated mazal tov - we got some chasunah gifts over a year later.

busydev

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 6:49 pm
you can send cash or a gift card to the couple. I wouldnt buy anything cause you dont know what they need at this point.
as to giving something to the mother, I would send a gift card to a useful store (local grocery) or cash in a clearly marked envelope that says her name and lkovod pesach. drop it anon in her mailbox or mail it to her.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 03 2014, 7:45 pm
the young couple got married ... if you want to gift them go ahead - it's never too late

if you want to help the mother that is separate & apart - go ahead & help her too

but not in lieu of
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics