Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Williamsburg kids' shoe store that fits well?

amother

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 10:59 am
In the past I have bought shoes in BP at Tescher. He retired and BP is not as close to me as Williamsburg. What stores in Williamsburg are similar quality to that? I need an excellent fitter and I want good quality classy shoes. Please mention the price range in your reply; in the past I spent around $70 a pair at Tescher and am looking for similar or better (willing to buy previous year's styles for a better price if possible)

Zehava

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 11:03 am
Bedford corner myrtle forgot the name. They're excellent

Stars

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 11:08 am
Zehava wrote:
Bedford corner myrtle forgot the name. They're excellent

Royal Family Shoes

amother

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 11:35 am
They fit you well with shoes that last and support the feet and don't cost more than a house?

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
They fit you well with shoes that last and support the feet and don't cost more than a house?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 15 2021, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 12:56 pm
Stars wrote:
Yes- the service, pricing and fit there is excellent, but be prepared for a long wait and an overcrowded store being that it's before yom tov.

Yes. My mother works there and before Yomtov she often comes home after midnight.

yidishmamma

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 1:50 pm
U can try solid kids shoes on division ave... Good service not too long wait big selection

amother

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 3:09 pm
So I went to Royal Family Shoes on Lee Ave near the bridge. Is that the same people? I was not so impressed. The shoes were pretty nice but not a big selection at all (a lot of same/similar shoe just in different colors), seemed more into style than comfort, and I didn't feel like the guy fit us so attentively. It was nice that they had a lot of past season shoes at better prices but none of them were right for us. We did not have long to wait but between the trip and the trying and everything it was a bust. I didn't end up buying for either of my kids because they just didn't have what I wanted - there were a couple of things I would have been OK with but the DD said they weren't comfortable enough Confused She's having a very sensory day so this probably wasn't the best time for shoe shopping in the first place, but what can you do. She has always been comfortable in the shoes we bought from Tescher, even from the first moment - I can see that these shoes were just made differently. Maybe we'll try Boro Park next week and make it out alive if we can get there first thing in the morning...

YIddishmama, division and where?

yidishmamma

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 3:31 pm
Division by roebling... Next to wilhem golds.... I'm sorry u Didnt have such a good experience there... For regular kids they're good

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 4:49 pm
The 2 Royals are affilliated but the one on Bedford Myrtle has a better fitter, I believe.

I&R shoes on Rodney Street also has an excellent fitter (Mr Itzkowitz).

amother

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 5:14 pm
I agree with Mama Bear. I&R on Rodney Street has the best fitter (mr itzkowitz) I have ever come across. Your experience there will be "Tescher like.. Mr Itzkowitz will not sell you a shoe that is a junk, and he sometimes doesn't have the most stylish shoes because he makes sure that he has only great quality shoes. Once, I liked a certain shoe for my daughter, and in all honesty, he strongly advised me against buying it, explaining to me that my daughters wide feet won't last in them. My older teens will go do a different store for more stylish shoes, but with the younger ones, if I want a perfect fit and a shoe that will last a full season, I&R is the place to go.

yidishmamma

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 6:04 pm
amother wrote:
I agree with Mama Bear. I&R on Rodney Street has the best fitter (mr itzkowitz) I have ever come across. Your experience there will be "Tescher like.. Mr Itzkowitz will not sell you a shoe that is a junk, and he sometimes doesn't have the most stylish shoes because he makes sure that he has only great quality shoes. Once, I liked a certain shoe for my daughter, and in all honesty, he strongly advised me against buying it, explaining to me that my daughters wide feet won't last in them. My older teens will go do a different store for more stylish shoes, but with the younger ones, if I want a perfect fit and a shoe that will last a full season, I&R is the place to go.

I went to mr itzkowitz for my son first shoe... He gave me ricosta shoe and my son never walked good in them( I think was too big size) now I went to solid kids and my son is walking much better bh

amother

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 9:23 pm
Can you please post cross-streets? I totally don't know Williamsburg.

At Royal it wasn't just the fit I didn't love, I don't think any of their shoes would have been right for us. So if both branches have the same shoes, never mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics