Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Neocate

smmsm

Post Fri, Apr 04 2014, 12:27 pm
Do you know if neocate, the hypoallergenic formula is kosher? How about kosher for pesach? Where can I buy them for cheap?
thank you!

smmsm

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:17 pm
Bump

working hard

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:29 pm
It is made out of animal protein. The protein has been broken down into amino acids so technically you are only getting the amino acids. The psak we got was to use it for twin 2 who needs it, to be careful not to give it to twin 1 and to wash the bottles... in the bathroom. I know of some people who were told that they can wash the bottles in the kitchen sink since the proteins are so broken down. As far as kosher for pesach, thanks for the reminder. I will ask my Rav.

SplitPea

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:34 pm
We were told that elecare (similar product) was okay even in our kitchen sink. We get it free through our insurance. We are Sephardi and were told there is no problem with it on pesach and no need tk even use the bathroom. I am guessing that pasak would be different fkr ashkanezim.

I would ask a rav. As for "cheep" if your GI prescribes it insurance should cover it.

working hard

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:41 pm
I got it covered by insurance as well.Where are you located. I have some extra that you can have to start you off if I can get it to you from before insurance started to cover it. There are also Gemachs for it for babies who need but is not covered by insurance

anonymrs

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 11:27 pm
I was told that Neocate is 100% fine, l'chatchila. I forgot what happened with Pesach, I think the rav said it was kitniyos. I have toddler Neocate that we are not using anymore and I'd gladly ship to you.

smmsm

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 11:53 pm
Oh my! How did you find out that it contains meat? Theres no mention of it in the ingredients other than the hint on the bottom that has the symbol saying itd halal.
I cant believe it! I was so not careful with it.
Thanks for all the offers, I have enough for now and hope to get more from he insurance. I was just wondering in case I run out. Thank you though, it is very kind of you, working hard and anonymrs.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 12:07 am
Neocate is not cheap but call Quickaid pharmacy in Boro park- they have their connections and helped me a lot with it.

Also if your baby needs it I'm sure you'll get a heter even if it's not K4P

amother

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 7:47 pm
I was also just informed about this, anyone know how to verify the information?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics