Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When are you turning over??
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

When are you turning over??
Thursday night.  
 28%  [ 42 ]
Motzi Shabbat.  
 27%  [ 41 ]
Sometime on Sunday.  
 21%  [ 32 ]
Wednesday  
 14%  [ 22 ]
Earlier  
 6%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 147

chani8

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 4:24 pm
When are you planning to turn over for Pesach?

deena19k

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 4:28 pm
I can't decide if I should turn over before or after shabbos. Keep changing my mind. HELP!

chani8

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 4:32 pm
deena, I'm fighting with myself on that one, too.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 4:37 pm
Definitely not before Shabbat and I still have not decided yet weather or not to change over right after Shabbat or on Sunday.

Sanguine

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 4:38 pm
None of the above -

I have Pesach closets in my kitchen so I don't empty, bring down dishes...

Sunday and Monday are vacation
On Tuesday I will clean the fridge*, stove* and Besari counters and sink. (tuesday is our last Besari meal - except barbequing).
Wednesday is vacation. Wednesday night I'll Kasher stove, oven and besari counters and sink.
Thursday we'll cook kugels, cakes... Friday we'll cook Pesach for Shabbat and clean Chalavi counters and sink. Motzei Shabbat I'll Kasher Chalavi

*My freezer is done - My daughter will do the fridge
*My oven is self cleaning. My stove top is very easy and I have separate grates

etky

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 5:21 pm
Sanguine wrote:
None of the above -

I have Pesach closets in my kitchen so I don't empty, bring down dishes...

Sunday and Monday are vacation
On Tuesday I will clean the fridge*, stove* and Besari counters and sink. (tuesday is our last Besari meal - except barbequing).
Wednesday is vacation. Wednesday night I'll Kasher stove, oven and besari counters and sink.
Thursday we'll cook kugels, cakes... Friday we'll cook Pesach for Shabbat and clean Chalavi counters and sink. Motzei Shabbat I'll Kasher Chalavi

*My freezer is done - My daughter will do the fridge
*My oven is self cleaning. My stove top is very easy and I have separate grates

That's my plan too. Though I may only kasher the chalavi side Sunday afternoon.

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 5:24 pm
I hope to kasher on thusday night, it takes me at least 2 days to tur over. first I clean then while im waiting to kasher I take out all the stuff from my cupboards and cover the shelves. So on thursday day I hope to kasher and cook for shabbos and yt thusday and friday. And sunday,monday yt and baking cakes.

Last edited by rainbow dash on Sat, Apr 05 2014, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

deena19k

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 5:28 pm
I really want to turn over before shabbos so that I know I'm done, but the thought of eating pesach food on shabbos really doesn't get me excited. And I wouldn't do chometz food that I
cook ahead of time. Once I turn over I have no
more chometz in the house at all.

etky

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 5:33 pm
deena19k wrote:
I really want to turn over before shabbos so that I know I'm done, but the thought of eating pesach food on shabbos really doesn't get me excited. And I wouldn't do chometz food that I

We're going to be eating kitniyot on Shabbat Hagadol so that means rice, humous, corn, KLP kitniyot ice cream and cake etc. and whatever else we want that we won't be eating on Pessach itself. That should make it different enough so that we don't feel that we are eating pesadik food on Shabbat.

Sanguine

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 5:37 pm
deena19k wrote:

Shabbos is easy with Pesach food - Soup, chicken, potatoes, salad - that's what we always eat. We usually eat rice too so we'll have potato kugel instead or maybe mashed potatoes.

My kids insist on Challah with chumous and Techina so I think we'll eat outside. Everything Chad Paami and nothing returns to the kitchen

deena19k

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 5:38 pm
etky wrote:
We're going to be eating kitniyot on Shabbat Hagadol so that means rice, humous, corn, KLP kitniyot ice cream and cake etc. and whatever else we want that we won't be eating on Pessach itself. That should make it different enough so that we don't feel that we are eating pesadik food on Shabbat.

Are you cooking and serving in your pesach dishes?

etky

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 5:59 pm
deena19k wrote:
Are you cooking and serving in your pesach dishes?

Yes.

deena19k

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 6:10 pm
etky wrote:
Yes.

ok, that's an idea. Just not sure if it world be enough food for us. Very Happy . We like our cholent!

Raisin

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 6:20 pm
I will serve pesachdig cooked food for shabbos hagadol. I might serve chummous (klp but kitnios) and other processed klp food we don't eat on pesach. served on paperware. challa eaten in the garden.

also we peel all veggies on pesach and I won't do that for shabbos hagadol, especially salad.

Liba

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 6:27 pm
we are kashing right now.

I have chometz meals for the week in the freezer and the toaster oven outside (in a protected spot) so there is no reason to wait.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 7:15 pm
Switching over Wed night, as my cleaner can only come on wednesdays, I need to start preparing foods before shabbat hagadol as I'm working till 5pm erev pesach. I usually start cooking for shabbat on Wed night anyway.

We're debating but most likely serve pesachdik and kitniyot food prepared in pesach pots/utencils but on year-around plates and cutlery.

Also we'll probably wait to turn milky side till Sun night so we can have toasts/pasta/cereal till last miinute(ish).

Lady Godiva

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 8:43 pm
Definitely not before Shabbat. Either on Saturday night or Sunday I voted Sunday in the poll because I know myself, and it's probably going to happen later rather than sooner than I expect to do it.

b from nj

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 9:14 pm
I plan to kasher wednesday night & to have a kosher l'pesach shabbos. We will be joining our shul for a luncheon on shabbos afternoon which will be very helpful even at $20 pp.

abaker

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:05 pm
etky wrote:
Yes.

How can you serve in Pesach dishes, don't you have challah on the table?

I'm trying to figure out how to turn over early enough to do cooking in advance I'd like to makes soups and main dishes and freeze before Pesach but also still want to eat chametz! Ahh decisions decisions !!

MiracleMama

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:05 pm
Thursday. Or Friday morning if I'm running behind schedule. I can't imagine going into shabbos not knowing everything is done.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics