Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Bank on 13th did mailing about promotional 1.15% APY

amother

Post Sat, Apr 05 2014, 10:14 pm
A Bank on 13th ave mailed a letter last week saying theyre offering a special promotion of 1.15% apy for a flexible CD or Money Market (cant remember which bank), by invitation. They did a mailing and we lost the letter. Which bank was it? Someone else in BP must have gotten it. Im pretty sure its not Santander, not Dime, not Capital One.

TIA

STovah

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 9:11 am
Maybe NYCB?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 10:54 am
Thanks a mil!!!! It is NYCB.

We just found the letter and its a whopping 1.05% (not 1.15% like I thought I remembered) but in this day and age thats giving away millions relatively! Other banks are doing like half of that.

Another advantage is that its a Liquid CD. You can take out and put in. Thats a good thing. CDs usually are not liquid and if you withdraw early you lose interest.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 11:42 am
amother wrote:
Thanks a mil!!!! It is NYCB.

We just found the letter and its a whopping 1.05% (not 1.15% like I thought I remembered) but in this day and age thats giving away millions relatively! Other banks are doing like half of that.

Another advantage is that its a Liquid CD. You can take out and put in. Thats a good thing. CDs usually are not liquid and if you withdraw early you lose interest.
***Sorry, I called the bank. You can withdraw monies to this account, but you can NOT deposit. Looks like they want to discourage withdrawals, by mot allowing you to deposit, because once you withdraw, you cant redeposit money at that interest rate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics