Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cruise before baby

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 3:31 pm
husband and I want to plan a trip before our next child. we only have one now and child is about a year and half, we are considering a kosher cruise. does any one have any personal experience with a kosher cruise they were happy with????

we are very open we just want to travel relax and have a good time.
considering hawaii or europe...
any advice would be appreciated
thanks

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 7:00 pm
The BEST vacation ever. I highly recommend it!

studying_torah

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 8:14 pm
I'd be very nervous to take such a young child on a cruise. Lots of ppl around. So it's easy to get lost; pools that are unsupervised/ not gated securely; gaps between railings that a small child can slip through; etc etc.

mille

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 8:17 pm
Cruises are awesome, but plan accordingly... Many major cruise lines won't let you cruise when you are past a certain week of your pregnancy. I don't remember how far along, possibly 24 weeks? 30 weeks? Something like that. Even if you book the cruise and pay for it, they will deny you at the gate if you are further along.

Also keep in mind that pretty much all major cruise lines (royal caribbean, Norwegian, celebrity, holland america, etc) offer kosher meals even when it's not a kosher cruise. It's quite easy to keep kosher and shabbat on a cruise, and many cruises (especially out of florida) actually do end up having enough frum jews for a minyan (but obviously dont count on it). It is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to go this route. The markup for a kosher cruise is literally double or more versus going on a regular cruise and requesting kosher meals.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 10:17 pm
Thanks for all the tips Husband wants to make sure there will be a minyan do that unfortunately won't work.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 10:19 pm
amother wrote:
The BEST vacation ever. I highly recommend it!

What do I highly recommend?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 08 2014, 1:03 pm
Be sure you're not nauseous on boats, and won't regret being unable to walk to visit the places though.
I personally, would already rather walk and cruise post partum than in pregnancy LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics