Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo Chameleon or Uppababy Vista
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:08 pm
Which would you pick and why. Cost is not a factor in this decision.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:19 pm
I can't compare them as I don't have the bugaboo but I can say I am very very happy with my vista.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:20 pm
What do you like about the vista?

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:22 pm
The bassinet was amazing. The drive is smooth. The 'real' seat has a number of great recline options. The big basket. The adjustable height handle.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:33 pm
The bug has a better push, but the uppa has a better basket.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:39 pm
I just got a Bugaboo Chameleon but I haven't used it yet. I'm actually really worried about putting the baby into the basinet. The baby isn't even strapped in and it looks awkward to me. I feel like I might have made a mistake. I don't know. I'm actually taking the stroller back to the store to ask for assistance because I'm too confused.

chani4

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 1:53 pm
Love my vista

justmarried

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 5:16 pm
I have the older version if the chameleon and really regret buying it. I used it for 2 kids and plan on giving it away. I would iyh buy a uppababy for my next kid.

The bugaboo wheels great - that's the major plus it has. I hadn't used it in months, but it came in handy during the snowstorms. The adjustable handlebar caused me a lot if grief. It extends when I go up/down stairs and even started clicking on one side. If both sides were to click the handlebar can chv move to the other side. It's dangerous.

The old version of the chameleon had a chasis that was one piece - including the handlebar. It would be very expensive to replace, so I don't plan on doing that.

It doesn't have a peekaboo window and has a terrible hood. A lot of big fancy carriages don't have good hoods but I think it's important. My babies hate when the sun shines into their eyes. The basket is not great, and the fold is very hard. I don't bother taking this carriage if in know I will have to fold it - unless my husband is with me.

I would go with the vista. My sister and 2 friends have it and they are happy. Bit no carriage is perfect and you have to decide what most important to you.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 5:18 pm
The new cameleon has a vastly improved chassis over the first gen. They also now offer extendable sun canopies with great protection.

I happen to not love either choice, though.

lavendar

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 6:20 pm
Love my vista but I walk a lot it's not the stroller for in and out of the car ...... I picked the vista over the bugaboo for the reason that it folds with the seat on

amother

Post Sun, Apr 06 2014, 7:19 pm
When I lived in Israel I liked my vista. (Didn't love because it is WIDE) It pushes great, bounces down steps easily, you can practically fill up a week of groceries in the basket....

Now that we moved back to the US and use a car to get where we need to go, I don't use it any more. It's not worth the hassle. It's heavy, hard (for me) to fold, and fills up the whole trunk everywhere you go.

So it really depends what you're looking for in a stroller.

PishPoshBaby

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 8:51 am
If you live in Israel or will be strolling with your stroller more often than traveling with it - go with the Vista. The advantages are obvious.

The Cameleon (Cameleon3 as it is now called) is a great stroller too, but works better for in/out of car.

One of our moms who lives in Israel actually wrote this post where you can see why she chose the Vista - http://site.pishposhbaby.com/b.....leon/

mommyto3RN

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:17 am
I love love love my vista!! it is heavy but im not the one lifting it into the car so it doesn't bother me so much. I love how versatile the vista is compared to the bugaboo. with the bugaboo you have to change fabrics to go from bassinet to toddler seat(unless you buy a second frame for the second fabric) but with my vista when I had a newborn id go from bassinet to toddler seat to car seat so many times a day it was soo easy to interchange it, I love it. I now use it for two kids and love it...only con is that the second seat doesn't recline back, but I also have the kick board which my 2 yr old loves and it cant be used for 3 kids essentially, bc I really love the stroller I can't imagine changing it.

I used the bassinet for my newborn for like 4 months and I loved it, I always keep newborns in there in the beginning it's so convenient.

mommyto3RN

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:18 am
oh also, the recline is great. I love the under seat basket, it's huge and fits all my groceries. the fabrics come off easily to wash them. you can get a snack tray for it. the wheels are big so the ride is very smooth.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:20 am
PishPoshBaby wrote:
If you live in Israel or will be strolling with your stroller more often than traveling with it - go with the Vista. The advantages are obvious.

The Cameleon (Cameleon3 as it is now called) is a great stroller too, but works better for in/out of car.

One of our moms who lives in Israel actually wrote this post where you can see why she chose the Vista - http://site.pishposhbaby.com/b.....leon/

I read this post and I'm confused. Which bugaboo bassinet converts into a stroller seat? Aren't they all two separate pieces, same as the vista?

PishPoshBaby

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:24 am
The Vista includes a bassinet and a toddler seat.

The Cameleon has one frame and two different fabrics - a bassinet fabric and seat fabric. The frame is used for either a bassinet or a seat - you can only have one at a time.

Converting the piece from a bassinet to a seat and back to a bassinet takes a bit of time and effort

mommyto3RN

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:27 am
You could however buy an extra seat frame and on one have the bassinet on the other the toddler seat, bc you said cost doesn't matter this is an option so its not a hassle to switch fabrics with two seat frames.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:30 am
PishPoshBaby wrote:
The Vista includes a bassinet and a toddler seat.

The Cameleon has one frame and two different fabrics - a bassinet fabric and seat fabric. The frame is used for either a bassinet or a seat - you can only have one at a time.

Converting the piece from a bassinet to a seat and back to a bassinet takes a bit of time and effort

Yes, I know that. The paragraph she wrote on the bassinets does not make sense to me.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 1:04 pm
justmarried wrote:
I have the older version if the chameleon and really regret buying it. I used it for 2 kids and plan on giving it away.

PM me if you do decide to give it away. I'm interested!

nyer1

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 1:08 pm
I have a vista in almost perfect condition (a few TINY scratches on the frame from regular use). that I am REALLY trying to sell, only because im moving and it hasn't practical for me anymore. please PM me if you want it......
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics