Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you buy KLP makeup?
1  2  Next

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 2:00 am
There's an ad in the sidebar for KLP makeup. Holy cats is that stuff expensive! For that cost, you might as well get Dior brand or something. $25.00 for eyeliner?

Lipstick, I could sort of see, since you actually end up eating a lot of it. The rest, I just can't imagine paying that much. Pure mineral makeup doesn't have any chometz in it, and it's a fraction of the price.

So, do you spend a fortune on makeup with a hecksher, or do you just read the labels really well and buy the brands you like?

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 2:04 am
none of the above Smile I use whatever makeup I have as it is not fit for animal consumption.

baba

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 5:47 am
I really hope I dont eat tons of lipstick!

citimom

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 6:34 am
I take blumenkranz book to Duane reade and buy the cheapest approved makeup and the very basics only (eyeliner, eyeshadow and lipstick).

Zus

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 6:39 am
I've decided that all my lipsticks are chametz because they have tons of crumbs on them (happens when I reapply my lipstick after eating a sandwich), so I bought a few cheap pesach lipsticks. Which just means new, and guaranteed without crumbs. I couldn't care less about the ingredients.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 6:57 am
I don't buy make-up that is specifically certified as such from a kosher company. But I do look over the CRC guide and buy whatever products I normally would that make the list as being KLP. I don't feel I'm wasting money at all since it's stuff I will use all the time and would have needed to buy anyhow.

shira143

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:11 am
I've seen recently, klp toilet paper...
I don't wear make up but I'd *likely* check ingredients for lipstick, since it's so close to my mouth

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:52 am
I just buy a new lipstick. I also have the Shainee cosmetics for Shabbos makeup which is kosher lpesach. They ship really quickly if you are interested.

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 7:52 am
I manage one week without makeup

flowerpower

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 8:41 am
I always buy a new lipstick. I buy a regualr one but make sure its ok for pesach- it does go on your lips! I also make sure the rest of my make up is kfp.

justmarried

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:37 am
I used to only wear makeup that wasn't chometz (not with a hechsher or anything). Most of my makeup was ok anyway.

This year I read in 2 different articles about pesach Halacha that it is ok to use any soap, cream, lotion and makeup. Only perfume, Deoderant....can be a problem if they have alcohol. The other things are anyway not fit to eat.

However, both said to make sure the lipstick doesn't have chometz since it's actually on your lips.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 9:44 am
I buy a new chapstick for Pesach. Does that count?

lfab

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 10:10 am
Nope I just use whatever I already have. Except for lipstick which I usually just don't bother buying since it's only 1 week and half the days you can't put it on anyway.

bubbebia

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 10:39 am
I just buy a new lipstick. But I put away the one from last year and I'm going to use it this year too. Next year I'll get a new one. Everything else is the same stuff I always use even though I rarely wear makeup.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:45 am
amother wrote:
none of the above Smile I use whatever makeup I have as it is not fit for animal consumption.

THIS
According to my yeshivaish Rav all makeup not fit for a dog is fine to use. So I just use all my regular makeup. The Rav told me to buy a special chapstick and lipstick for pesach. I put away the lipstick with the pesach pots and keep it from year to year.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:48 am
I check ingredients. Last year everything was grain free except my blush and lipstick so I bought that KLP. Mascara is never KLP because the smoothing agent is chametz so I just don't use it.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:52 am
amother wrote:
THIS
According to my yeshivaish Rav all makeup not fit for a dog is fine to use. So I just use all my regular makeup. The Rav told me to buy a special chapstick and lipstick for pesach. I put away the lipstick with the pesach pots and keep it from year to year.

But so is perfume not fit for a dog. So why are people who are okay with the make-up still putting away their perfume. I don't understand the difference? Can somebody explain this?

ectomorph

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:56 am
amother wrote:
But so is perfume not fit for a dog. So why are people who are okay with the make-up still putting away their perfume. I don't understand the difference? Can somebody explain this?
It has alcohol in it. People determined enough could technically abuse it. So it counts as chometz. (I think RMF holds this)

chanee

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:57 am
the same brand I use all the time was advertised that there's a new shipment especially kfp so I assume that's another way to earn some money. I'm not going out again to the store to buy another badge of make up, I'll probably use the unopened ones I bought a while back. I did read the ingredients though.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
Im the amother you quoted but I dont wear perfume so sorry I cant answer your question
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics