Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Celebrating birth of baby and thank you party

Onisa

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 12:02 pm
Im going to give a birth soon.
I have number of famillies (about 10) for whom I was and am working Im private teacher. But im not only a tutor but a friend for each familly.
They love me tons,, give me presents, things they dont need, caring about me enormously. Im new in my country pretty young and without any help.
These all people all know each other, they are mostly little community.
When I have a baby, I want to ask all mothers to come and do something special for them to show how much I appreciate it.
It will be like kidush for a bith + thank you. Is that a good idea?
If yes, what can I do? Are there cute things you've seen? The crowd is DL and some just traditional.
Is it good idea to ask them without kids.. So just women and wine and chilling
Or better with kids?
Im desperate for tips. I have never organised anytjing like that.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 1:11 pm
That's a sweet idea, but it might not turn out the way you intend. If you make a party to celebrate the birth of your child, then everyone coming will feel obligated to bring a gift for the new baby.

If you want to express thanks for all these people have already done for you, then you might want to thank them individually with nice cards or something of the like. If you really have your heart set on a party, then don't couple it to a celebration for your baby. Invite the women over for seudat shlishit or Sunday brunch or make a family BBQ on Sunday evening or something like that.

Onisa

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 1:39 pm
Im pretty sure that with or without a party they will give smth for a baby.
So I thought that making a party is smth that I can pay them back.
No?
Buying presents back sounds stupid they have everything and im short on money to give huge presents, but a party is that Im really willing to spend on.
I thought that if I ask them to come and to join me welcoming the baby into the world it would be sweet and more special than just a brunch. Also they are all buzy women, so many would just cancel brunch I feel

oliveoil

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 4:37 pm
I know you mean well, but if they are busy women then another party to attend is not a gift at all. It's an obligation.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 07 2014, 4:41 pm
I like your idea of a brunch ... everybody needs a moment to relax

just call it a thank you brunch or hakaras hatov brunch or if that's too complicated make the 'wine & see' party to come & see the baby & make a לחיים ... explain to them what it's about when you invite them ... I think they would be grateful
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics