Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Need plastic surgeon for stitches ASAP (NY)
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 11:12 am
Yes, he is Dr kimmels associate. Google his number and CALL

Rivky

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 12:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If dr are fleisher accepts your insurance and is available, run, don't walk. He is supposed to be the best for lacerations on the face.
Refuah shelaima!

He did a good job on my daughter, but his manner was horrid. He kept on yelling at my daughter to sit still while she was NOT jumping around in her chair and was just plain scared.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 4:36 pm
We ended up going to Kimmel because we already had the appointment and folks here were saying decent things about him. We had to wait in the office approximately forever. I assume there was some emergency in the hospital where he was right before (if I had known that's where he was, I might have asked to meet him there and be covered by insurance... wtvr) He seemed OK. I don't know enough medically to gauge the quality of his work and I guess time will tell how it heals and scars. He was pretty patient considering that I was very nervous and had a lot of questions and concerns. Seemed like a mentsch overall. Seemed very calm and in control of the squirmy baby situation. Some of his mannerisms made me nervous, like when I asked if there were an option to use glue or something instead of stitches I would have been happy with just "No maam" but he actually pulled her skin apart to demonstrate how deep the cut was and show me just why she needed stitches shock (I don't think it hurt her, this was after the numbing shots, but still! EEK.) I almost threw up. I never want to see the inside of my children's skin!

Glad that's over, anyway. I am thoroughly traumatized.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 8:58 pm
momx5 wrote:
Dr. Cha is amazing! He did a great job on my daughters cut by her lip.

Love dr cha, my son fell by the bathtub when he was 7months old and got a cut by his eye, this was an hour and a half before shabbas, someone gave us his cell more we called him and he had us meet him at the hospital.....he was so gentle and nice and calm....he also did under the chin stitches for my daughter, I would recommend him to everyone

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 9:10 pm
Rivky wrote:
He did a good job on my daughter, but his manner was horrid. He kept on yelling at my daughter to sit still while she was NOT jumping around in her chair and was just plain scared.
Good to know.
Dr. Smith is great with kids and super fast.

OP, so glad to hear it's over! So sorry about the way you guys were dealt with Sad

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 2:15 am
OP I see you have already been.
If I would have seen this I would have told you about the hospital sorry!

My ped. sent me to LICH at a time he knew Dr Kimmel would be there. Just to remove the stitches I was supposed to go to his office but I misunderstood and went back to the hospital so some other PA took them out and she did a terrible job I was in tears as well as my son.
He told me (Kimmel) to come to his office that week so he could check them too and he glued it since she messed up with the stitch removal.

B"H it is healing great, scar dissapears more each day and I was really happy with him!!

R"S!

amother

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 2:22 am
The sick part is that he was actually in the hospital a couple of blocks away while we were waiting in his office OVER AN HOUR at our appointment time. Clerical mess-up? Dunno. Anyway, with a $400 kapparah, all's well that hopefully will end well.

smoms

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 9:05 am
I don't think you would have avoided his fees by going to the hospital. I have used him several times at the hospital and each time he specifically requested my insurance card to make a copy for his office billing department.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics