Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Pre-pesach gift for dh

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 9:17 am
I just had an early miscarriage and have been super moody and have really bad cramps. My husband has been amazing and is doing all the cleaning and putting up with my craziness. I really want to get him something special to show my appreciation but he is very careful about money so it can't be expensive because then he'll just be worried about the money. Anyone have any ideas?

Happy18

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 9:27 am
Hug Hug Hug

This is always tricky. Are you crafty? Can you make him something before yuntif?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 10:32 am
I always buy my dh a new hagadah for pesach. it's nice to build up an assortment over the years, and it gives him something new to talk about at the seder. maybe you can buy him one? it doesn't have to be expensive, and he probably won't consider it a waste of money. write him a note with it.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 10:41 am
A tie? An afikoman bag? tickets to a baseball game for chol hamoed?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 12:45 pm
thanks for the ideas! Smile

mandr

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 4:16 pm
I give homemade gifts to dh because it's a hobby of mine and they're cheap Smile Last year I made a photo calendar with photos of us through the year and filled in with special dates. This year I made a photo book with pictures of our baby.

What about IOU notes? Like vouchers/coupons for you to do favors. Valid for whatever favors he'd like you to do for him.

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 2:17 am
I bought dh a gorgeous hagaddah (non leather but leather look) for really cheap.
He doesn't like the ones with a million explanations and page turners. It is really nice and he was so happy with it.

seeker

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 2:21 am
This time, I bought DH a tie. At Burlington, so it wasn't expensive. But I think if you know his taste in books, a hagadah is an excellent idea - does not need to be expensive, and much more meaningful than a tie given how much he's been doing this year. With a nice note of appreciation inside.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics