Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to get hairlines to look so natural like this picture?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 10:47 am
I found a post by someone on Instagram that is supposedly wearing a shevy sheitel. Her hairline though looks so natural, how can I get it to looks so great also?
http://distilleryimage8.ak.ins.....8.jpg

Thanks

Happy18

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 10:48 am
My guess is she's showing hair in the front and blends it with the sheitel. I know several women who do this and thats how they do it.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 10:49 am
Clearly hair out. It only looks that good for that reason. I do this, so I know Wink

acemom

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 10:50 am
superdanni wrote:
Clearly hair out. It only looks that good for that reason. I do this, so I know Wink

I don't do this but I agree- it is the natural hairline, not the sheitel.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 10:53 am
Is she ok with you reposting this pic of her here?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 10:57 am
op here
superdanni - I would wear a fall with some hair showing, so I guess I would blend also. Do you know of any online guide on how to do it properly? What type of bangs do you have to go with?

second amother - it is posted publicly on instagram with over 2K followers, so I am sure she has no problem with me reposting it.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 11:23 am
amother wrote:
op here
superdanni - I would wear a fall with some hair showing, so I guess I would blend also. Do you know of any online guide on how to do it properly? What type of bangs do you have to go with?

second amother - it is posted publicly on instagram with over 2K followers, so I am sure she has no problem with me reposting it.

Mine's not a fall, it's a full wig. I have a widows peak, so when I take out (very) little hair, it looks really natural. My wig is shoulder length long layers with a side part, kind of side swept in the front (not really bangs though) I've always done it this way: my Shaitel macher taught me how to do it when I was engaged, so I don't know of any site, sorry!

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 12:17 pm
I'm not a sheitel-wearer, so I could be totally off, but I know there is something called a "lace front" wig that is supposed to look very natural in front.

5*Mom

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 12:41 pm
DrMom wrote:
I'm not a sheitel-wearer, so I could be totally off, but I know there is something called a "lace front" wig that is supposed to look very natural in front.

Yes, but not that natural Wink . It's her real hairline.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 1:25 pm
I'm so funcused

Rolling Eyes

If it looks so natural with such effort what is the point of the sheitl ??

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 1:26 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I'm so funcused

Rolling Eyes

To cover her hair?

sweetpotato

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 1:36 pm
I pull out a few strands from my hairline and can get a similar look with my sheital. The sheitel doesn't have bangs. It's really just a few strands, not inches of hair. I also have a widow's peak.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 1:47 pm
It's her own hairline so it looks good.

Those who don't get it....this irks me. If you don't want to show a strand of hair, then I understand that you wouldn't do what this girl is doing. Fine. But is there concern that it looks too good, so what's the point? What if she didn't show any hair at all but it somehow looked this good. Would that bother you or does it bother you mainly because you think she's "cheating?" I personally don't think she looks s-xy or anything. If she was dressed very conservatively, versus cute and trendy like she is, with her amazing sheitel would there be opposition?

Where do we draw the line at what looks too good for a frum women?

Happy18

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
It's her own hairline so it looks good.

Those who don't get it....this irks me. If you don't want to show a strand of hair, then I understand that you wouldn't do what this girl is doing. Fine. But is there concern that it looks too good, so what's the point? What if she didn't show any hair at all but it somehow looked this good. Would that bother you or does it bother you mainly because you think she's "cheating?" I personally don't think she looks s-xy or anything. If she was dressed very conservatively, versus cute and trendy like she is, with her amazing sheitel would there be opposition?

Where do we draw the line at what looks too good for a frum women?

Show me where halacha says a woman has to be unattractive.

The way I was taught is that a woman should be attractive NOT attracting. While I don't show any hair so I'm not sure how much she has exposed, there is halachic basis for those who show a tefach. Additionally, I have seen many full sheitels with no hair showing that are much more provocative than this style. The sheitel looks like she's not wearing one, thats between her and Hashem.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 2:03 pm
There's no looking too good. We're not ascetes. If law is followed, and you don't try to provocate... if anything tznius makes many look better (modesty as a whole does unless you're a childless 19 yr old into work out lol).

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 5:02 pm
I'm hoping someone will shed some light on this issue.

I always thought the whole purpose of covering one's hair is for ERVAH--and one should kep their gorgeous s-xy hair only for the eyes of ones husband.

I would bet a million dollars when that girl on instagram takes off that $3,000 sheitel her real hair is matted, pinned up, flattened and quite frankly totally gross looking for her poor husband.

So--I am rely hoping someone explains the purpose of this...

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 5:05 pm
ValleyMom wrote:

I always thought the whole purpose of covering one's hair is for ERVAH--and one should kep their gorgeous s-xy hair only for the eyes of ones husband.

I would bet a million dollars when that girl on instagram takes off that $3,000 sheitel her real hair is matted, pinned up, flattened and quite frankly totally gross looking for her poor husband.

Ervah means an unrelated male can't see that part. That's all. It has nothing to do with making natural hair gorgeous and sxy for one's husband. Though anyone who wants to is more than welcome.

freidasima

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 5:10 pm
That sheitl is far longer than what I wear but my own hair is that length and put up for 10 hours a day under a sheitl...for several decades already. At home I take off the sheitl and put on a loose tichel with my own very short bangs showing, and my hair is never matted or gross, when I loosen at night like now is still has bounce and is soft and silky. It helps that I condition is regularly, that I give it air at night and that I use natural henna on it and not color dyes or anything that will build up. And although my sheitl looks natural, any person who knows sheitls will note it to be such at a glance. And as for men, it's not supposed to make me ugly but if I am with frum men they assume it is a sheitl and if I am with non frum men they don't give a hoot so...

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 5:27 pm
ValleyMom wrote:

That was unkind. Why shouldn't she have a gorgeous head of hair under her sheital? It looks like she has the money, ability and desire to take care of herself. I will take your bet and raise it a million. [b]

lubaussie

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 5:40 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I'm so funcused

Rolling Eyes

No one needs to know she is wearing a sheital. Only Hashem.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics