Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to get hairlines to look so natural like this picture?
Previous  1  2  3

TehillaHadassah

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 12:10 am
The original question. How does this wig look so natural?
Enlarge the photo. One, she looks to have some short whisps coming out on our right had side. Nothing much. In addition the photo is blurred at the spot to further hide this. But nice job.

fmt4

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 1:33 pm
andrea levy wrote:
I think that is jennifer love hewitt. cant imagine why she would be wearing a sheitel. don't think it is a sheitel.

Lol that is definitely not Jennifer love Hewitt.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 1:42 pm
monseychick wrote:
There have been numerous threads here about the nude pantyhose thing . Still dont understand it. The whole reason nude p-hose was made is too cover blemishes and make the leg look more alluring.
Non-jewish women in sweat pants, look way more wholesome and modest than Jewish girls in tight short skirts and ultra-sheer hosiery all glammed up.

Believe you me: when I'm wearing my nude hose and wig in the summer heat, as so many others do, we are most definitely not doing it in order to look better. I cover and dress the way I do because I beleive in hilchos tznius. Despite the heat, despite the expense (how many pairs of nude stockings do I go through each week in the summer?) because it means something to me

amother

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 1:52 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
I am THE only woman who doesn't wear a sheitel consistently so I have seen what wearing a sheitel does to a woman's hair over time.

I am NOT attempting to be mean, cruel or petty.

I just do not understand how women can look so absolutely fabulous around town and then whip it off for their poor husband to expose their flattened, thinning sometimes graying true hair.

PLEASE explain to me how that how hair that has been suffocated under a sheitel for 8 - 10 hours is supposed to be flattering for ones husband.

I am asking for clarification. I am not mud slinging.

I wear a sheitel every shakos to shul and by the time I come home and take it off my real hair is absolutely pathetic--sweaty mess.

My husband begs me to take off my "fake hair" as soon as I get home even though my hair isn't freshly done. It looks like it's in a neat pony and is smooth and shiny if I put it in a pony right away and use my wig grip but doesn't look like it was just done for a wedding. To each their own I guess. He'd rather the real thing than the glamorous shaitel (which I have yet to find anyway).

amother

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 3:16 pm
ValleyMom, you are right, I'm not sure why others were attacking you. What you describe has been my experience. Ive been wearing a shaitel for almost a decade. Before I got married, I used to iron my hair and it was long, beautiful and silky. It made me feel beautiful. After marriage, I found maintaining the wig was so much work and expensive, I stopped ironing and making my own hair pretty. It was exactly how you describe except for turning grey. It looked matted and sweaty and pinned down. The long beautiful silky hair was gone and yes, my husband was upset. I looked better while we were dating than how I did when we were married. I think this is very common. Everyone in my circle covers. And IMO, majority looked better pre-marriage with their own hair. I think its ironic that now you have a man you're married to, you stop looking good for him. Even if you have a gorgeous shaitel like the woman in the OP, chances are she's not wearing that wig indoors for her husband all the time. Hes either seeing her own matted hair in a pony or in a tichel/scarf which again IMO, makes most women look older and uglier. I hate covering, I think it does a number to many frum womens self esteem and confidence.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 6:22 pm
I never did anything with my hair when I was single. Wash, let dry, ze hu. I did do, and still do, highlights or bleaching or whatever strikes my fancy, but at least my wigs never get a bad hair day or 'unwanted' roots. LOL
Some also find legs prettier with tights... but definitely wouldn't wear them in summer if just for looks...

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 1:00 am
Well ladies... I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I just returned from a long Bar Mitzvah weekend and I wore my stunning gorgeous long wavy medium brown $2,700 human hair sheitel all day... I put itr on at 9:00 AM and took it off at 9:00 PM when we returned home. My hair is officially a disgusting nasty mess.
I wore it pulled back into a low pony tail and left some of the front hair out to get that natural hair line as posted in the original photo. I put it up as the sheitel macher suggested.

NOW my real hair is matted, knotty and I would never ever leave the house looking like that.

So now my poor husband who has seen me all day long looking stylish and stunning now gets to stare at my ratty mess of hair--I am just sending off this post before I tidy up by hopping into the shower so my poor husband doesn't have to stare at my hideous hair.

I am sorry.
I just do not understand what the point is of having stunning sheitel hair all day at shul, lunch, seudat shlishit etc. and then my husband gets stuck with a nasty mess.

AND I AM TRYING to cover my hair. I covered my hair 85% of Shabbos this week--that is a record for me!!
I am not opposed to covering my hair--clearly I invested in a decent sheitel. I just cannot understand the premise.

I don't appreciate all the ladies that are "yelling" at me when I simply asked for clarification.

umlikeyeah

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 8:39 am
ValleyMom wrote:
Well ladies... I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I just returned from a long Bar Mitzvah weekend and I wore my stunning gorgeous long wavy medium brown $2,700 human hair sheitel all day... I put itr on at 9:00 AM and took it off at 9:00 PM when we returned home. My hair is officially a disgusting nasty mess.
I wore it pulled back into a low pony tail and left some of the front hair out to get that natural hair line as posted in the original photo. I put it up as the sheitel macher suggested.

NOW my real hair is matted, knotty and I would never ever leave the house looking like that.

So now my poor husband who has seen me all day long looking stylish and stunning now gets to stare at my ratty mess of hair--I am just sending off this post before I tidy up by hopping into the shower so my poor husband doesn't have to stare at my hideous hair.

I am sorry.
I just do not understand what the point is of having stunning sheitel hair all day at shul, lunch, seudat shlishit etc. and then my husband gets stuck with a nasty mess.

AND I AM TRYING to cover my hair. I covered my hair 85% of Shabbos this week--that is a record for me!!
I am not opposed to covering my hair--clearly I invested in a decent sheitel. I just cannot understand the premise.

I don't appreciate all the ladies that are "yelling" at me when I simply asked for clarification.

I don't see this as being any different than taking off your makeup or your spanx or your stilletos when you get home from somewhere.

however if you don't like what a wig does to your hair there are other means of covering that aren't as tough. I wear a scarf on the summer months Vegas neither my head not my sheitle are fans of humidity.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 8:45 am
I don't think I was yelling at you. That simply has not been my experience- my hair looks fine after I take off my wig. People who look bad and aren't going to be showering or covering with a scarf at home- I don't know, maybe keep the wig on?

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 9:14 am
ValleyMom wrote:

I am sorry.

Some of us have a different experience when we take off our sheital. Because your hair is a mess doesn't mean universally everyone's hair is a mess. My hair is gorgeous when I take off my sheital. It looks like the hair of a women decades younger than me.

Because ONE sheital macher told you how to put up your hair that doesn't mean there aren't alternative ways that are better. Do you use a wig grip?

How does your husband feel about this? Is he actually staring at your "hideous hair" and your "nasty mess"? My husband doesn't care one way or another that my hair looks great. Are you projecting that he is staring? Have you discussed this worth him?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics