Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Centered Based E.I. Brooklyn

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 7:19 pm
How did you get your child into (dc 18 months) into center based e.I.?
Which would you recommend more, HASC or Step By Step?
Thanks

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 8:34 pm
I used step by step. Teacher Terri is amazing. That was 7 years ago, when it used to be a mommy and me class- I'm told it's only for kids now.

Your service coordinator should be able to tell you how to add the center based program. I think the kid's current therapists may have to request it.

bnm

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 8:46 pm
I never got to go see Hasc since no one ever returned my calls (I see its a recurrent theme, can't get them to return my calls for the 3-5 class either)
I went to see Step by Step and Striverite. Striverite focuses on language so we went with that.

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 8:52 pm
Ds went to Strivright. It is amazing program as well. I highly recommend it for any kid who has a speech delay.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 9:10 pm
Op here.
I want dc to go to strivright, especially that dc delays are centered around communication. But, strivright only starts at 2. Dc will soon be 18 months, which step by step and hasc have programs for. Then we will switch dc.

bnm

Post Thu, Apr 10 2014, 9:38 pm
I didn't realize center based started before 2. my son was so delayed I didn't even start thinking about a center till he was almost 2.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 6:38 am
When my son was diagnosed at 20 months, the thought of putting him on a litttle yellow bus while he was still a 'nursing baby' made me cry!
Then when he was 2 1/4 and all the therapists were in m house I was literally begging Ais laasos to accept him... they wouldnt because they didnt have the appropriate class for him... and I didnt want to send himto boro park (Challenge had room.)
Check wth Challenge.

bnm

Post Fri, Apr 11 2014, 3:08 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
When my son was diagnosed at 20 months, the thought of putting him on a litttle yellow bus while he was still a 'nursing baby' made me cry!
Then when he was 2 1/4 and all the therapists were in m house I was literally begging Ais laasos to accept him... they wouldnt because they didnt have the appropriate class for him... and I didnt want to send himto boro park (Challenge had room.)
Check wth Challenge.

Challenge and Step by Step are sister organizations. the jewish kids are in Step by Step mostly, Challenge is a real mix.

naomi2

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:51 am
step-by-step has a great program!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics