Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Nut-free,Gluten-free,Potato-Free,Stove-top,Pesach Recipes?

amother

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 4:00 pm
Yes, you read that right: I am looking for Nut-free, Gluten-free, Potato-Free, Stove-top, Pesach Recipes.

We are having guests for part of pesach, and between our allergies and their food restrictions, we'd like to find a few dishes all of us can eat. To top it off, we only have a stove-top and a microwave (no regular oven). The recipes need to NOT include:
- Gluten
- Potatoes
- Tomatoes
- Eggplant
- Peppers
- Fish
- Nuts

Are we just doomed and I need to just make separate dishes for everyone?

AlwaysThinking

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 4:09 pm
Chicken soup w/ carrots & onions or veg. soup, stovetop chicken, mashed/sauteed sweet potatoes/carrots/butternut squash/cauliflower, stir fried zucchini sticks, salads (e.g. cucumber lettuce salad w/ craisins), fresh fruit platters, homemade ice cream...

That's all I can think of, hope it provided a little inspiration! Also - you could be able to use quinoa... I heard this year many rabbonim are saying it isn't kitniyos.

Good luck!!

chani8

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 5:36 pm
Keep it simple!

Chicken and carrots boiled in sauce. Sauce is 1/2 can coconut milk and 1 small jar of sugar free jelly of your choice - we like it with pineapple jelly. If jelly is a problem, you can use canned or fresh pineapples. I've tried all three. If you can't get coconut milk, just use fruit and water, or even an all natural sugar free fruit juice as the broth.

A great side is cubed yams made in the microwave. No water, just put them in and cook on high for 8 minutes to start. After the beep, let them sit in there for 5 more minutes, then check for softness.

Broccoli, or any veggie for that matter, cooked in chicken broth is a favorite here.

Meatballs.

Stir fry veggies.

For dessert, a great pudding is boiled pumpkin or butternut squash, drained really well, then add 1 cup cocoa and a sweetener of your choice. We like it without a sweetener but we're hardcore sugar free'ers.

Fruit jello - fruit juice boiled then cooled, added to gelatin (dissolved in room temp juice), mixed together well, served with chopped fresh fruit on top.

chani8

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 5:37 pm
What do you normally make that maybe you can modify?

Pineapple

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 9:51 pm
Chicken/meat stew with any veggies you can use/eat

Veggie latkes or kugel - just add eggs with spices (for kugel add mayo)

Julline peel veggie then put in frying pan with a little oil and salt - mix till soft (I've done carrots/zucchini/ beets - all sep)

Pineapple

Post Sat, Apr 12 2014, 9:52 pm
I made chicken with carrots & onions used shmalz to sautte and kosher salt for taste

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 16 2014, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, you read that right: I am looking for Nut-free, Gluten-free, Potato-Free, Stove-top, Pesach Recipes.

We are having guests for part of pesach, and between our allergies and their food restrictions, we'd like to find a few dishes all of us can eat. To top it off, we only have a stove-top and a microwave (no regular oven). The recipes need to NOT include:
- Gluten
- Potatoes
- Tomatoes
- Eggplant
- Peppers
- Fish
- Nuts

Are we just doomed and I need to just make separate dishes for everyone?
Can you use sweet potatoes?

some ideas
quinoa mashed with avocado and salt (thanks greeneyes!)
lemon sorbet
zucchini "spaghetti" salad
sauteed garlic asparagus
lemony dill carrot salad
avocado spread with vegetable spears
cheesecake balls **
meatballs in carrot sauce (thank you MrsBissli!) with spaghetti squash
butternut squash fries
cauliflower mashed "potatoes"
cucumber salad
cauliflower "rice"
sauteed julienned summer vegetables
yapsuk
chocolate avocado mousse
frittata
butternut squash latkes
kohlrabi latkes
apple fritter
egg "noodles"*
chicken "kneidlach"
batter fried chicken strips with sweet and tangy dipping sauce
crunchy chicken nuggets with citrus glaze
carmelized chicken
3 layer sorbet
ice cream

*tapioca starch instead of potato starch
**gefen confectioners sugar is made with granulated sugar and tapioca starch only

imasinger

Post Wed, Apr 16 2014, 11:28 pm
If you have a crockpot, try this. It can work on stovetop, too.

Start with a bit of oil. Add whatever veggies will work (carrots and sweet potato?) Water to cover. Wash a whole chicken and rub with whatever spice you like. Put it in pot.

Cook on high for 1 hour, then low till done.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 11:55 am
OP here. Thanks for all the amazing recipes!! I will definitely be using some of them!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 4:04 pm
OP again. I just wanted to let you know that we had a great yom tov with our guests, and we all ate fantastically thanks to some of your recipes Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics