Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Watery mayonaise help

SingALong

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:42 pm
I tried making Pesach mayonaise twice, once with an immersion blender and again with a regular blender. Last year I tried with a food processor and I had the same problem. Each time the mayonaise comes out watery. I pour tge oil as slowly as I can, any slower it would be drop by drip. Any ideas or help how I can get that thick mayonaise texture?

Pineapple

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:46 pm
You might be using to liitle oil

abeona

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:51 pm
Let the machine run for a while after all the oil is in

OhWow!

Post Sun, Apr 13 2014, 11:59 pm
I find I get best results from making it in the food processor on the highest speed . First whip up the eggs and other ingredients than very very slowly add the oil in a steady stream while the machine is running. I used to have a flop or two until I got it right. This year in got it right on the first try! LOL

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 12:06 am
This method is no fail. I assure you.
Just use a plastic cup with a teeny hole on bottom and let the oil drip in really slowly - should take 18 minutes for all the oil to drip in.

No Fail Mayonnaise
• 2 whole eggs
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 cups extra light olive oil
Wash the eggs well with soapy water, to remove any contaminants. Rinse and dry the eggs before cracking.
Process the eggs very well in a food processor.
While machine is still running, add the honey and the salt. Allow seasonings to mix very well. Then add the lemon juice. Continue beating until well combined.
Make a tiny hole on the bottom of a plastic cup using the sharp tip of a knife. Place the cup into the opening of the processor, while the machine is running and beating the eggs. Pour the oil into the plastic cup. Allow the oil to drip slowly into the well beaten eggs. Add the rest of the oil to the plastic cup as it empties. It should take about 20 minutes for all the oil to drip through.

OhWow!

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 12:11 am
I like the idea of making a hole in a cup. I use this same recipe and regular salt works fine too.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 5:59 am
If you google, it will give you different methods to thicken it after the fact in case you need. I don't remember the ways, but I think there were two ways.

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 9:27 am
I make my own mayo all the time and for some reason I still get a soupy batch now and then. No idea why. I do it the same every time. It's so frustrating when it happens. But what you can do is start a new batch and use your watery mayo as your oil.

yOungM0mmy

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 5:12 pm
Never had a problem doing with my immersion blender - thick mayo every time, and in about 20 seconds - no way I'd do it if it took 18 mins!
crack 1 egg into a cup wide enough for the immersion blender (I have round containers and I just do it straight into there. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp salt. Then almost a cup of oil. Stick the blender in to the bottom and push the button, lifting the stick up to the top. By the time you get to the top (not even 10 seconds) you have thick mayo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics